SRT Oak Reduction on the BDB

Adam Bourne

Real skills there mate, those redirects making so much sense.

Thanks for taking the time to put it together.

I watched it all, it's given me some much needed inspiration for deadwooding some oaks tomorrow and Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real skills there mate, those redirects making so much sense.

Thanks for taking the time to put it together.

I watched it all, it's given me some much needed inspiration for deadwooding some oaks tomorrow and Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Thanks Mark, means a lot dude, you know me though I like to teach and I never keep tricks back, what's the point! Even simple things should be shared to enlighten people and make things easy for them. :) have fun with those oaks mate, nice bit of shade of its hot :)

Your Helmet Cam Videos are excellent , very smooth a joy to watch.

Watching that , made me Realise how much our wrists twist and turn under force.

Maybe it's something to think about.

Ever thought about leaving the scabbard on in between cuts.

[ATTACH]184246[/ATTACH]

Thanks for posting a joy to watch.

Thank you darrin,

Re the scabbard I really don't think I need it on that 150! Plus I don't think they make a 10" version for it. More of a hider than anything. Glad you enjoyed it though :)

First class job there Adam. Great result.

I've said it before, but it really is nice to see some videos of the pruning side of tree work. I like seeing bits of climbing SRT, redirects, and reductions.

What rope are you using for your main line?

I noticed in some cases you used static redirects, and in others dynamic, I wondered why differ? Oh, and I didn't even try to get my head round the cow hitch on a bight type redirect!

First class job there Adam. Great result.

I've said it before, but it really is nice to see some videos of the pruning side of tree work. I like seeing bits of climbing SRT, redirects, and reductions.

What rope are you using for your main line?

I noticed in some cases you used static redirects, and in others dynamic, I wondered why differ? Oh, and I didn't even try to get my head round the cow hitch on a bight type redirect!

Thanks joe,

The rope was Yale kernmaster. As for the redirects it all depends on what angle your coming from and what angle of leverage or pressure will be placed on the limb your redirecting off. You can support or even static brace limbs by pretensioning then static redirects/anchors to allow almost no separation of the supporting redirect, some cases don't require being static so just a basic clip in will do. The cow hitch showed an example of a pretension static redirect, also I prefer it as it's easier to get the required length. Alpine butterfly can be a little bit of guess work.

Very nice work there. With regards to the redirects how comes on occasion you used a knot and others the slings? I'm just getting my head around SRT as I don't use it at present.

I like the look of the bulldog as I use a lock jack at the mo, how much are they?

Think you groundies has perfected the tea pot pose!

Very nice work there. With regards to the redirects how comes on occasion you used a knot and others the slings? I'm just getting my head around SRT as I don't use it at present.

I like the look of the bulldog as I use a lock jack at the mo, how much are they?

Think you groundies has perfected the tea pot pose!

Thanks jay,

haha you can tell James himself that he's on here :D

See my post above re the redirects, mainly to cancel out any limb breakage from redirect forces, static or pretension statics help control this.

Bulldog is amazing, closest I've ever come to a mechanical hitch. Around about the £200 MK Mate

Thanks jay,

haha you can tell James himself that he's on here :D

See my post above re the redirects, mainly to cancel out any limb breakage from redirect forces, static or pretension statics help control this.

Bulldog is amazing, closest I've ever come to a mechanical hitch. Around about the £200 MK Mate

Takes a while to perfect that pose!

I see what you mean now regarding the tensioning. I went to the AA SRT workshop last month and the guy was using redirects that were retrievable do you use this method? I'll look up the bulldog as I prefer mechanical devices over hitches. I saw your demos at the AA as well, they were good from what I saw and looked very smooth! Think I will need to go and have a rec climb with some SRT gear soon