SRT Oak Reduction on the BDB

Adam Bourne

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you find the BDB on long limb walks Adam if your not using a redirect or can't ,I've found the wrench kind of gets a lot more friction the more of an angle you get towards the end of the limb but not to the point it is a problem the HH was worse so what I'm trying to say is the BDB more free flowing overall?or is it so free flowing it becomes frustrating whilst trying to reduce high points as it's always pulling the rope tight and holding you back like I've found most mechanic devices do I've tried dirt ? Also do you find it easy for big swings when needed and not free falling !! , these are two things that concern me on a mechanical device but I got to say I've only tried a rope runner and I was not an SRT convert at that time but it felt very alien or would you just get one next pay time ?

Thank you Adam, enjoyed watching that. How are the rubber nubs holding up for you?

No worries at all Gordon :)

Rubber nubs are ok at the minute mate, I did however like the metal nubs from the last generation, was there any particular reason for the change?

How do you find the BDB on long limb walks Adam if your not using a redirect or can't ,I've found the wrench kind of gets a lot more friction the more of an angle you get towards the end of the limb but not to the point it is a problem the HH was worse so what I'm trying to say is the BDB more free flowing overall?or is it so free flowing it becomes frustrating whilst trying to reduce high points as it's always pulling the rope tight and holding you back like I've found most mechanic devices do I've tried dirt ? Also do you find it easy for big swings when needed and not free falling !! , these are two things that concern me on a mechanical device but I got to say I've only tried a rope runner and I was not an SRT convert at that time but it felt very alien or would you just get one next pay time ?

Hey Matty, the bone can collapse down to zero friction, so moving out at high Angles isn't really an issue, like you say the wrench can create a lot of drag that way. I don't recall having a problem with the hitchhiker that way though.

The bone has to be the closest I've come to a mechanical hitch, even micro movements. And swing drops are smooth as, it takes a while to bed the bone in but becomes smoother with every climb. There was a point in the video where I needed to swing drop but from the video it looks like I was level with the limb, the bone obviously made it look really smooth. :) all in all I'm very happy with it mate :)

During the development of the Bone I have been using the feedback of the users to try and make improvements to the device. The rubber nubs was a mod first made by Mike Powers, who said he very much enjoyed the rubber nubs, and so I have been trying them on the stock Bone. Your Bone could be retro-fit to the aluminum nubs if you like.

During the development of the Bone I have been using the feedback of the users to try and make improvements to the device. The rubber nubs was a mod first made by Mike Powers, who said he very much enjoyed the rubber nubs, and so I have been trying them on the stock Bone. Your Bone could be retro-fit to the aluminum nubs if you like.

Don't get me wrong mate, the rubber nubs are nice, I may get some metal ones of you in the future but for now I'm loving it the way it is ;)