M3 vosa today

Charlieh

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the m3 vosa checks are very common, my depot is near the vosa station that those guy run from and thay ARE regulary there thay will pick you up on either m3 a34 m27 and escourt you to there depot should thay find any issues there are a number of vehicles that are left abandond at the vosa compound.

Regarding the the tacho it was my understanding that the transit is plate maxium train weight is 3.5t so is a combined vehicle and trailer plus contents and that the 750kg chipper deal was for post 97 licences also that combined length of vehicle and trailer can bring in the need for operates licence regardless of load ( I have a freind that has long wheel merc sprinter tows double axle car transporter got nicked).

The whole cpc thing is coming yes its expensive but its not going to get cheaper there are huge numbers of companies that are waitting till the last minute to get theres so price for the course will bound to be hiked up.

the m3 vosa checks are very common, my depot is near the vosa station that those guy run from and thay ARE regulary there thay will pick you up on either m3 a34 m27 and escourt you to there depot should thay find any issues there are a number of vehicles that are left abandond at the vosa compound.

Regarding the the tacho it was my understanding that the transit is plate maxium train weight is 3.5t so is a combined vehicle and trailer plus contents and that the 750kg chipper deal was for post 97 licences also that combined length of vehicle and trailer can bring in the need for operates licence regardless of load ( I have a freind that has long wheel merc sprinter tows double axle car transporter got nicked).

The whole cpc thing is coming yes its expensive but its not going to get cheaper there are huge numbers of companies that are waitting till the last minute to get theres so price for the course will bound to be hiked up.

Not so, an operators licence is required for vehicles over 3500kg, length is not relevant

My my my, I've got an headache just reading these threads, and im a management cpc holder with a lot of experience in transport. The rules and regs differ all the time and even the people at vosa interprit them differently.

On a different note, i have recently read that you may need a cpc / o licence / class 2 lgv to drive a telehandler on the road. There is something kicking off about it in scotland at the moment.

Just quizzed my mate about his merc and trailer combo he was fined and now has a digi tacho fitted and a restricted o licence.

I found this just copied it

If the towing vehicle has a permissible gross weight in excess of 3.5 tonnes the maximum width and length of the trailer are 2.55 metres and 12 metres respectively. If, however, the gross weight of the towing vehicle is 3.5 tonnes or less, then the maximum permissible width and length are 2.55 metres and 7 metres respectively. In both cases, the overall length of the towing vehicle and trailer must not exceed either 18m or 18.75m depending on the type of towing vehicle.

I am not talking crap my friend is very honest has raced historic cars for years was also told if he was racing for prize money there could be other infringements :thumbdown:

Just quizzed my mate about his merc and trailer combo he was fined and now has a digi tacho fitted and a restricted o licence.

I found this just copied it

If the towing vehicle has a permissible gross weight in excess of 3.5 tonnes the maximum width and length of the trailer are 2.55 metres and 12 metres respectively. If, however, the gross weight of the towing vehicle is 3.5 tonnes or less, then the maximum permissible width and length are 2.55 metres and 7 metres respectively. In both cases, the overall length of the towing vehicle and trailer must not exceed either 18m or 18.75m depending on the type of towing vehicle.

I am not talking crap my friend is very honest has raced historic cars for years was also told if he was racing for prize money there could be other infringements :thumbdown:

Says it all