Hiring my Chipper out

Treeman123

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine use to hire them out, and the agro he had was unreal, one of the tales he told me was some one had put an steel bar in the chipper which had totaled the blades, rotor shaft, and the anvil, the bill was thousends, be very carfull if your going to hire it out becasuse people dont know how to look after other people gear, and IF the make a mess of you chipper, are they going to pay to fix it? what are the hire agreements? unless you have them, you could be on a sticky wicket, if your going to hire it out GO WITH IT!!! and whatch them like a hawk!

Just to add to the mix, if anyone does hire out kit, if it gets stolen, the police wont help. When I suffered a theft of one of my crushers(which I documented on the stolen thread) they told me its just an extended hire and I need to pursue them for the money.

As an aside, I always take pictures of the machine upon delivery, that way any damage can be spotted and compared. Jcb insurance do insurance for anyone hiring out kit .

A couple of years ago I noticed some guys in Glasgow with a hired chipper, they had had to demolish a timber garage to get at some trees in a garden. I watched with horror as one of them fed a window frame, nails and glass and all, in to the chipper. He was chipping into a skip on a busy public road. Un-f-believable!