what's your favorite. boots for.climbing.

arbormonkey

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had stein phantoms for 2 years, a new set of laces and I could continue using them but fancied a change so got some air streams in September. Although the air streams do feel a bit comfier they don't look as though they will last as long

Zermatts I rate :) Currently on Andrews and switching back to the zermatts for big pine, spruce and fir strip downs as I don't find the soles on the Andrews are comfy enough for prolonged time on straight poles with spikes,they are a little too soft , but nice boots other wise.

What are the Clip and Step like with spikes? My Golds are a bit soft, hence foot ache after an hour or so... I normally switch to Protector Pros for bigger spiking jobs but would like to stay in just one pair or boots for everything.

Notwithstanding this, I rate the Hiax Golds.

Cheers

Just bought my second pair of Cofra boots. Class 2. Pretty lightweight and got them for the summer. Nice and flexible for normal climbing work with very good grip. £68 can't be sniffed at.

Stick with my protector Pros for spiking and will be back into them for the winter.

Haix Alpin (class 3), the forst grip system (spikes on the bottom) makes branchwalking in wet conditions a lot more comfortable as long as you remember to clear the leaves & twigs out of them before going up the tree.

Test report on them here with some of the pros & cons.

http://www.kwf-online.de/deutsch/pruef/pruefergebnisse/aasa/sicherheitsschuhe/6104_12e.pdf

Haix Alpin (class 3), the forst grip system (spikes on the bottom) makes branchwalking in wet conditions a lot more comfortable as long as you remember to clear the leaves & twigs out of them before going up the tree.

Test report on them here with some of the pros & cons.

http://www.kwf-online.de/deutsch/pruef/pruefergebnisse/aasa/sicherheitsschuhe/6104_12e.pdf

I bet the cambium loves it too. May as well just wear spikes.