New ms441 or second hand ms440?

Ghettoblaster

Hi,

Just trying to decide which is a better bet? Seen lots of grumbling about the new electronicly controlled saws.I'm not generally a fan of over complicated electronics and would enjoy the price difference but does anybody have any real reason to avoid the new saws as I'm in need of a saw asap and might not have time to wait for the right 440?

Cheers

Hi mate 440 better saw my 441 on a 20" bar did not like it thanks Jon

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I would get a 461 but don't have a bad word to say about the 441 either, it's just with the weight I would get the extra power of the 461.

Never a fan of the 440 I sold mine and don't like using are 460's great power but terrible anti vibes.

Hi Matty good saw 461 on a 20" bar❤️❤️ mate will run a 25" thanks Jon

It makes you wonder why the 461 is not Mtronic and 441 phased out.

Seems a bit pointless teally

Because the 460 was there greatest saw and for once stihl possibly listened that a lot of people didn't want mTronic on its replacement..

Although I'm sure it will come eventually.

Husky have the 372 and 576 the stats are about the same as the 440 /460 441 /461 I suppose they all fill a niche for some one, although I've always found the 440's and 372's just slightly lacking so can see the appeal of the larger ones but others swear by them and say they are too heavy.0

Depends what you. Want it for.

I run a 441 mtronic all day in the woods with an 18" on it. Smooth with good anti-vibes, runs faultlessly & well balanced. Heated handles are an absolute joy on cold mornings.

When I go climbing I grab the 440 - with an exhaust mod it's a fantastic saw & pulls like a train with a 20" bar on it. I would not like to spend all day ringing up with it though - too harsh on my hands.

If it is for primarily ringing up just buy the 461 - it's what it is built for

Because the 460 was there greatest saw and for once stihl possibly listened that a lot of people didn't want mTronic on its replacement..

Although I'm sure it will come eventually.

Husky have the 372 and 576 the stats are about the same as the 440 /460 441 /461 I suppose they all fill a niche for some one, although I've always found the 440's and 372's just slightly lacking so can see the appeal of the larger ones but others swear by them and say they are too heavy.0

Cheers Matty

I've just brought the 461....and to be honest I'm not all that impressed with it. It was replaced by my old 440 which was stolen, and was expecting it to be far better....but it's not!

I am running a 25 inch bar on it maybe that's the problem!?!

I'm beginning to wish I got the husky equivalent instead.

I'm finding myself reaching for the husky 560 every time!!

Well my 2012 441 has been a pain in the rear.

After 6months stalled mid cut and would not restart. returned to dealer, who returned it to stihl. New coil.(i think)

Shortly after that it kept stalling mid cut. returned to dealer, who returned it to stihl. They said there was nothing wrong with it?! stihl said that a stihl bar and chain would improve performance? I was fuming!

Returned again to dealer as the saw would stall every cut logging up 16'' stuff, they replaced the carb and coil and it was much better, no apology!

Returned saw again a few months ago as it keeps cutting out every time you put the saw down. they charged me £80 and cleaned the carb.

Saw returned again a month ago with the same problem, again, charged £80, cleaned the carb.

The saw still stalls now most times I put it down!

I bought 4 new bit of gear in 2012 all have been terrible! all from the same dealer.

stihl 441

husky 550

stihl km100

stihl 201