Chipper and operator?

bolthole

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps gutter cleaning and pressure washing 👌

Anything mate, I am doing a landscaping job at the mo, been in it 5 days, in that time I've had 15 nice jobs come in, I have also picked up a couple of jobs on the same estate. Don't sell yourself too cheap. It's the best advice I can give.👍🏿

You can run any business you like so long as you apply the formula of;

Work out what you want your annual salary to be.

Add together ALL your outgoings.

Factor in your down time and holiday.

Divide the lot by days worked.

Don't forget whatever % profit you want your business to grow by.

Don't worry about what others charge.

In no particular order.

Interesting formula, i presume you mean the profit you make would go towards trying to expand the business? so if you wanted to stay the same size you wouldn't need any (although obviously some would be nice!)

Everyone must have a different opinion on what their annual salary should be as well? what would be a reasonable ball park figure for someone with just one full time employee?

Interesting formula, i presume you mean the profit you make would go towards trying to expand the business? so if you wanted to stay the same size you wouldn't need any (although obviously some would be nice!)

Everyone must have a different opinion on what their annual salary should be as well? what would be a reasonable ball park figure for someone with just one full time employee?

What do you want to earn and how much can you / need to live a nice lifestyle. £25-35k would be a start.

I can understand why people starting out go in cheap. I own my workshop and all kit is paid for if I was starting out servicing generators i could not compete with me. I bet at times I quote 2005 prices with out realising it due to being too busy. If you go in cheap work hard and make your mark you can put your prices up later it's not a contract for life. I don't need to work for peanuts if the phone goes quiet I help the wife make kindling or bolt the junk back together in the yard and get it up the auction.

I do think a lot of the people on this forum have long and well established businesses, but for those who are trying to get established and get work and pay the same bills as those who have plenty of work, it's hard and will prob work for less to try get ahead! If that makes sense!?

I knew what the going rate was when I started, worked out what I wanted/needed and there was my rate. I never undercut, my price doesn't go down and I've done alright.