Chipper and operator?

bolthole

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that's it! But I suppose for £350 a month you have a new chipper!

But if you haven't got the work to pay for it and need to mess around on £130 a day before tax and fuel and blades and everything else, leaving you maybe £50 in your pocket all said and done, then why on earth would you spend best part of 20k on a chipper

But if you haven't got the work to pay for it and need to mess around on £130 a day before tax and fuel and blades and everything else, leaving you maybe £50 in your pocket all said and done, then why on earth would you spend best part of 20k on a chipper

Oh I agree! It must be £130 a day plus fuel!

I hire out chipper, mini digger and bobcat with me as operator on all, £20 per hour, plus delivery if more than 5 miles away. Shocked at how many are running round undercutting each other than when something breaks there's no money around to repair or replace.

I've turned up at jobs with chipper before and out worked their groundy, others have told me not to worry their lads will drag it to me as they don't want insurance issues if anything happens.

Take pride in your work and you'll be busy all day

I've noticed this! I suppose there looking at £650 a week - £2600 a month and thinking its a good wage

It's NOT the wage!

The wage is what you draw after all your costs.

There are legions of people in this industry who look at costing a job by adding wage+fuel to make up a day rate.

They forget real time depreciation, general and longer term maintenance costs, fixed costs such as insurances and that dirty word PROFIT!

Why do guys charge out a groundy at what they pay him?

Why not charge out with a margin on top?

£80 for your brash rat but £160 to the client.

Ty

I hire out chipper' date=' mini digger and bobcat with me as operator on all, £20 per hour, plus delivery if more than 5 miles away. Shocked at how many are running round undercutting each other than when something breaks there's no money around to repair or replace.

[/quote']

£20 per hour

You are kidding no?

Ty

Nope! Inclusive

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=151736810794&globalID=EBAY-GB

As hard as I try I can't see the point, may as well get a job is asda, same money, no stress

How true, there is so many muppets working cheap it's unreal! I have never know any industry where kit costs so much, is brutal on kit but people are willing to work for so little!!!!