celox first timer

Breezeblock

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone tried these arm protectors made from kelvar with cut protection.

I use them now has they are comfortable and do not restrict you .

Has for protection against a running chainsaw I do not know how they will stand up but anything helps .

[ATTACH]181038[/ATTACH]

Ste

I spoke with a mate recently who is a first aid trainer, and loves the haemostatic options. A good compression bandage, such an an Israeli bandage or first field dressings will do well if applied with good pressure. The gauze is preferred over the powder, presumably easier to remove and doesn't get in your eyes on a windy day! Any of the brands would do. Celox, Hemcon, Quikclot.......whichever is cheapest.

no surgery to remove the celox just cleaned out with saline and 5 stitches i knew it was bad when the blood was running out thats why it was applied whether it was life threatening or not i wasn't taking the risk at £20 a pack i feel it was well worth it i would urge others to carry it in their first aid kit

That's good to know:thumbup1:

Has anyone tried these arm protectors made from kelvar with cut protection.

I use them now has they are comfortable and do not restrict you .

Has for protection against a running chainsaw I do not know how they will stand up but anything helps .

[ATTACH]181038[/ATTACH]

Ste

Are they puncture resistant too? Would be hand for thorn jobs if they were, spent the day in a and e last week as thorn hit blood vessel in my forearm while feeding chipper and after bleeding alot came up in an egg size lump.

Are they puncture resistant too? Would be hand for thorn jobs if they were, spent the day in a and e last week as thorn hit blood vessel in my forearm while feeding chipper and after bleeding alot came up in an egg size lump.

I had that once, very weird.

What made you go A&E? what did they say?

The fact it swelled up and was achin badly, had loads of thorns over tje years but not one that reacted like that, they reckoned it had directly hit a blood vessel which is why it bled so much and swelled, x rayed it to make sure nothing was still in it and had to have double tetanus shot as I was out of date.

When I did mine the thorn was still stuck in my arm, I pulled it out and the spurt of blood was quite impressive!!

I put my finder over it and as you say a huge egg sized lump came up, but on removing my finger after a few minuets it had stopped the flow.