Which tracked chipper to go for TW190 or Jensen 530

GJT

I would never have a tracked chipper if it was not Vari tracked. My 150 VTR has been through gaps in to jobs that a tow behind or non Vari track would fit. I have just ordered a TW 230 VTR and am looking forward to owning one of the most versatile choppers on the market. 2 speed tracking, 800mm wide, 230mm infeed opening etc, Etc. if you have a Vari track you will use it.

Thanks hodge, I'm wondering if I understand the concept of vari track fully. It allows you to access and work on uneven surfaces because you can widen the tracks increasing stability?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, to a point. It's not like a greenmech which you can level up the chipper on slopes but I have had mine along steep slopes and gardens with the tracks right out where if the had of been in at 700mm it could roll. I often level up the chipper with bits of timber of stones. I can take my hopper off and get it through narrow gates or passages, I find it a very versatile machine and it chips superbly for a 6" machine.

Have a look at our site woodchipperservices.co.uk download the brochure for the Jensen will give you all you need to know also I have a Jensen A530T with vari track 2nd hand for sale and a plant trailer if you need one.

Thanks Charles, I think the 530 could be to small for our needs but pm me your details and I'll give you a call on monday.

One of the reasons I didn't rate our A530 was the angled hopper that angled back towards you if you know what I mean, i.e. it wasn't a fold down hopper like the forst or the 150's. From people who have used both do you think this makes a difference? We did look at changing the hopper to one that folded down but traded it in before hand.

best way round that is track it on to a log :biggrin:,burt theres less lifting with the sloping hopper , i know as you know i have 1, :biggrin: