Can I borrow......

stewie

I ONLY LEND OUT kit to people who A,have good knowledge of how to use it, and B, have the means to pay for a new replacement if it gets f....., these people are very few and far between, lent a saw out a while back with half gallon of 2 stroke that i mixed myself and equal amount of chain oil, with full instruction on how to fuel and oil it, came back with all the chain oil and a burnt bar and chain, never again

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a couple of concrete saws/disc cutters which are regularly loaned out but only to one specific company. They go with a couple of conditions, any damage (or loss/theft) of the saws must be paid for & it is preferred that one specific employee does not use them as he is clearly not safe doing so.

They wouldn't go out at all but this company does put an awful lot of work my way as well as employing me as a subby fairly regularly so I have to make some compromises. They did once borrow a chainsaw but it was run over with a 23 ton digger :001_rolleyes:. I was told to buy a new saw & send them the bill (which was paid immediately) they haven't asked for a chainsaw since they just get me in as a subby instead, it's cheaper.

I used to be a Yes man . Yes you can borrow this no problem . Yes I will drop it off . Yes I will pick it up . Then I saw the light . No more lending at all apart from a decent few guys who live by the break it replace it rule . Trustworthy men who will help me at the drop of a hat . Its suprising how many people unfriend your lady on facebook when you wont lend tools out lol . Im now a no man and relish the fact ....... Buy it like i did :001_tt2: