Building a new arb truck

PHAS

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Total cost for build will be around the 1600 mark, that includes steel, alli and paint

After that's all done ill put led lights all round and two cameras on the back so that will prob push it to the 2k mark

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Don't go mad on the cams, put two on the back of mine - one watches tow hitch and up to four feet behind for hitching up and the other is on top of chip box giving general rear view - two cams, one monitor, all cabling and switches £46 inc. vat delivered. All with night vision too.

Regards,

Steve.

Don't go mad on the cams, put two on the back of mine - one watches tow hitch and up to four feet behind for hitching up and the other is on top of chip box giving general rear view - two cams, one monitor, all cabling and switches £46 inc. vat delivered. All with night vision too.

Regards,

Steve.

Got a link to that? Sounds a awesome deal even if it only lasts a couple of years...

Got a link to that? Sounds a awesome deal even if it only lasts a couple of years...

Took a punt on this - CAR REAR VIEW KIT 4.3" LCD MONITOR+IR CAR REVERSING CCD CAMERA for BUS Trucks | eBay - and I haven't been disappointed. Used the same company to order a second camera, switches are just a fleabay search away at a pound or so each.

If you order the single cam kit you get enough to wire the cam's power supply to the reverse light and 6 or 10m of cam feed wire. I wired the power supply up to the dash instead for mine so I can have the cams on whenever I want. I have a second switch to switch between the two cams.

Chipper is 1.7T on four wheels (TP200 turntable) so not something to try to manhandle and when your on your own hitching up in the dark and pissing with rain (as the first time I used this in anger) it is a no brainer.

Simples :001_tongue:

If you ask nicely I might even stick the whole setup on Youtube next week for you.

Regards,

Steve.

Yeah I left about 100 for a cam kit... Think I need a 24v feed one which bumps the price up a bit and ill prob go for a 7 inch monitor for better visibility

The 24v side/front /top/bottom and light clusters in led will bump the cost up!