• Labour
    • Conservative
    • Green Party
    • Liberal Democrat
    • UKIP
    • SNP (Scottish National Party)
    • Plaid Cymru (Wales)
    • Not voting.

If they had not been bailed out what do you think the repercussions would have been?

I don't know you tell me? Many economic experts suggest the future would be much brighter for us and for the next generations. All I know is each and everyone one of us has inherited a doubt that we will likely never ever repay. We've theoretically enslaved ourselves and future generations.

You and many others seem happy with that so who am I to argue with you.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you realise we have only just recently paid off WW1 debts?

The point I'm making I think is it makes no difference to me how much money anyone else has I need to look after my family that's all. Everything else does not really matter.

If you can house, clothe and feed yourself and family you are not poor.

I spent 2 years traveling in South East Asia. That opens your eyes to what poor is.

Life is too short to worry about how much someone you don't know has in my opinion.

If they had not been bailed out what do you think the repercussions would have been?

For most of us there will always be people better off and worse off than us.

The daily mail and co has a lot to answer for!

Its pure greed! One of my brothers (my best friend, after Mrs Egg) was the bloke stood in the dock accused of a £100 million fraud back in 2001. It's all there on the web, I'm not going to put a link up, but believe me it's true. The company he worked with pulled a 'flanker' on the tax and vat man. He sweated it out and 'they' made a fortune.,the return was a right result. Don't make it right mind.

Its pure greed! One of my brothers (my best friend, after Mrs Egg) was the bloke stood in the dock accused of a £100 million fraud back in 2001. It's all there on the web, I'm not going to put a link up, but believe me it's true. The company he worked with pulled a 'flanker' on the tax and vat man. He sweated it out and 'they' made a fortune.,the return was a right result. Don't make it right mind.

I don't doubt what your saying. And I agree that greed causes arguments, I just don't understand why people worry about it so much.

Did you realise we have only just recently paid off WW1 debts?

Haha your reference to WW1 is the exact point I'm making thanks, do you honestly think a working class Gernan and Brit had such hatred toward one another enough go kill each other, let alone place a huge BANK debt incurring huge amounts of interest to there offspring willingly?. Of course not they were manipulated, coerced and ignorant sadly!

The main reason we had men go off to war in WW1 and we have such an enormous gulf between rich and poor is because of the mindset of people like you. Try thinking outside the box brother and think of your neighbor and not just yourself then one day like Martin Luther King said or words to the affect of ''one day all men might be born equal'' :thumbup:

Edited by Lee Winger

Because our taxes fund them, come on man you watch the tv and read the papers we the tax payer have bailed the banks out. finance in recent years is the biggest scam on the planet, the top earners have there noses in the trough you can bet on that.

The banks shares will be sold at some point and the bail out repaid. Incidentally the bailout was years ago but govt is borrowing still increasing every month to tune of nearly £10 billion. That's an additional £10 billion borrowed every month over and above our already absolutely massive debt... And the left wing parties want to borrow even more!

The country has massive problems and obsessing about bankers isn't going to solve them.

What we have in this country is an immobile workforce. In places like Italy and Spain workers are happy to up sticks and go to where the work is. In this country people want work brought to them and unfortunately its not that easy, the migrant workers are exactly that , they go where the work is. The unemployed stats also dont take into account the percentage of those that are unemployable , there are millions in this country that have issues that render them unemployable . This as an employer narrows the choice and the migrant workers start to look like a no brainer, its not about greed and money because some of us just need the work done without all the flannel. I employ some Polish labour and pay them the same as any english worker, this unfortunately is because the youngsters around here have not got a days work in them.

Bob

Sorry to backtrack a few posts, but thought this one was rather splendid and wanted to give it a :thumbup:

How about instead of having a 1% mega wealthy class, how about the wealth is shared a bit more evenly, ie instead of Mr 1% having a huge house in the country, a chateau in France and a pad off of Park lane, how about we shared that wealth so I don't have to live in dump of a 3 bed terrace with the luxury off having to pay for if for the next 25 year's?

My mate Jon has had his car on axel props for 3 months can't afford to fix his car, hes on a zero hour contract and is in debt upbto his eyeballs trying to keep his head above water and can't afford to fix it. Jon from Eaton Square on the other hand has just had a cracking bonus and has put his name down on the waiting list for a new Ferrari!

Do you think that Mr 1% should help out Jon then? As in it should be forced upon him under a legislative system?!

Where it goes wrong IMO Is when people go to work, live frugally and still can't make ends meet.

I'm in that catagory but don't for a minute expect someone wealthier than me to help. Someone gifted me £50 when my stuff got stolen as a kindness; I certainly didn't think because they had disposable funds that they should help me out and I had to swallow my pride to accept it. This says two things to me: you need money above you to trickle down to you and it's a good thing that it happens but certainly not expected.

Do you think that Mr 1% should help out Jon then? As in it should be forced upon him under a legislative system?!

I'm in that catagory but don't for a minute expect someone wealthier than me to help. Someone gifted me £50 when my stuff got stolen as a kindness; I certainly didn't think because they had disposable funds that they should help me out and I had to swallow my pride to accept it. This says two things to me: you need money above you to trickle down to you and it's a good thing that it happens but certainly not expected.

I not a politician don't have all the answers, but when legislation is geared towards big business and the 1% then I think its grossly unfair that Jon should be in such a predicament

There are two kinďs of person on this planet, those that care only about themselves and those that care about others.

Edited by Lee Winger