• UKIP
    • SNP (Scottish National Party)
    • Plaid Cymru (Wales)
    • Not voting.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last Labour government didn't bankrupt the country - that would be the bankers. We, the taxpayers, had to bail them out.

Politicians of all parties want you to believe that, unfortunately its just not true. The bank bailout only amounted to a small proportion of our national debt. RBS for example got 80 billion, the national debt is 200 times that amount! we overspent massively in the lead up to the bank bailout because Gordon Brown borrowed huge amounts in the belief that the economy would continue to grow exponentially allowing him to pay it back, it didn't. The banks were the straw that broke the camel's back for sure, but the real problem was spending more than we earned year on year...

gordon brown is the perfect example of why the whole political system in the uk needs a bomb putting under it, he is the only man in history who sold gold and made a loss. the "perfect" man to run a country, then tells people he has the answers to our financial problems....better than the grimms fairytales....lol

Politicians of all parties want you to believe that, unfortunately its just not true. The bank bailout only amounted to a small proportion of our national debt. RBS for example got 80 billion, the national debt is 200 times that amount! we overspent massively in the lead up to the bank bailout because Gordon Brown borrowed huge amounts in the belief that the economy would continue to grow exponentially allowing him to pay it back, it didn't. The banks were the straw that broke the camel's back for sure, but the real problem was spending more than we earned year on year...

Actually I'm wrong to say that the country is bankrupt, of course it isn't. It was the banks that went bankrupt and caused us to have to bail them out which is the root cause of the financial crisis. Its free market economics that have caused the problem, through too little regulation of the banks in a global financial ecology. We're not Greece, however sadly, we're not Norway or Singapore either.

I'm voting labour, conservatives are running the nhs into the ground to then privatise it, I've never voted before ( because they are all basically tossers).

Ditto, plus I'm not rich enough to benefit from voting tory.

Wasn't it a global economic crisis? Therefore it was the Americans fault.:laugh1:

All I can base my vote on is what I think benefits me and my family which also includes the jobs they do. In general Labour benefits us the best.

Wasn't it a global economic crisis? Therefore it was the Americans fault.:laugh1:

All I can base my vote on is what I think benefits me and my family which also includes the jobs they do. In general Labour benefits us the best.

:thumbup: Yep, the Tories benefit their public school chums the best,, thats all the folks making over £150k .

Makes perfect sense!!!!!!!!:thumbup1::thumbup:

But in what way did the recession benefit your family????:confused1: It caused mine no end of trouble :thumbdown: