Equipment Pic Thread

BrendonV

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you cant argue. a mog is the ultimate arb vehicle.

Oh trust me Adam you can! If I had endless pots of money I'd have niether a mog or a Landy! LOL.

Its like everything horses for courses you will never get everyone to agree a mog is the ultimate arb vehicle!

I can argue quite volubly and at length as to why unimogs are not the ultimate arb vehicle....

But they seem to suit some people very well.

Huck, the only chipper up from what you have would be a farmi, as the whole hopper swings up and in. You'd have to put a reverser box in it.

All my efforts are now going into drum chippers, and that would not suit a front unimog mount...

I can argue quite volubly and at length as to why unimogs are not the ultimate arb vehicle....

But they seem to suit some people very well.

Huck, the only chipper up from what you have would be a farmi, as the whole hopper swings up and in. You'd have to put a reverser box in it.

All my efforts are now going into drum chippers, and that would not suit a front unimog mount...

Ed,i don't really need to go bigger,8" would do,the main thing i want is lighter,the schiseling weighs 950kg.

I understand. I have been told that running a heavy chipper on the front will prematurely wear the portal gearboxes on the front axle.

Whats the spec on the chipper you have at the moment?

I can't see the front portals wearing out faster than the back ones would,should a chipper be mounted on the rear linkage?

Everything in Arb is a compromise, it depends on where you work, where your yard is, your client base, road network, cash flow !

I've run vans, mogs, tractors and most in between.

I find days in the mog wishing i had the tractor or land rover and vice versa.

As Ed said it's horses for courses.

Nice pics Skyhuck !