lame excuses not to get to work

elder

At a foundry I worked in one of the blokes used to ring in every so often and always used the excuse that his wife had fallen downstairs and broken her leg. The gaffer asked him after the fifth time if he was married to a spider and whether he'd considered taking the stairs out and fitting a slide instead.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When our nightlambing assistant failed to show,the excuse was that timmy her rabbit was depressed.A couple of nights later she returned saying he had been given a bath and was now feeling much better,which was a great relief to us all.

That's a great excuse, think I'm gonna use that one tommorow- thanks!

When our nightlambing assistant failed to show,the excuse was that timmy her rabbit was depressed.A couple of nights later she returned saying he had been given a bath and was now feeling much better,which was a great relief to us all.

now that is a lame excuse :laugh1:

The mum of one of mine called one monday morning to say he'd locked himself in his bedroom all weekend and wouldn't open it to anybody,and was not answering his phone either.

When he did put in an appearance in my yard later in the week i couldn't get much sense out of him,but later on that day i was informed by another employee that the reason he wouldnt come out of his room was because 'he owed his dealer a lot of money' .

Whether that comes under 'lame excuses' i have no idea,but he's a hard worker when he is with us, so i turned a blind eye to it on that occasion.

Ehh? You actively employ a druggy??

Best I had was to pull up on a ex employees driveway and him not get out of the house. Bedroom light was on but refused to answer. Next day I found out he was entertaining not one, but two lady's. What can you say!?!

Had a text from the new boy saying he can't get to work cos of transport problems (his girlfriend drives him every day) he only lives 6 miles away!

I thought that you were going to say that he could not come in because of transport problems as "My girlfriend drives me mad!"

Ehh? You actively employ a druggy??

Best I had was to pull up on a ex employees driveway and him not get out of the house. Bedroom light was on but refused to answer. Next day I found out he was entertaining not one, but two lady's. What can you say!?![/quote

Well ime no expert on drugs,but i made it my business to ask other employees their opinions off the record,and apparently he 'does weed'.

If it had been during work, or class a, he would of been on his bike.