My accident

sean

I've done 2-3 miles with the dog from Badgers Lane to Berwick lane. Taken pics of each gate / stile etc. I'll go up past the orchard and on to Spaniorum hill later today if I get a chance.

Greenman Access by Stotally | Photobucket

They're pretty out of order. If I get a chance I'll try and name them or rearrange them, but it gives an idea of whats there

Edited by Stoatally

I've done 2-3 miles with the dog from Badgers Lane to Berwick lane. Taken pics of each gate / stile etc. I'll go up past the orchard and on to Spaniorum hill later today if I get a chance.

Greenman Access by Stotally | Photobucket

They're pretty out of order. If I get a chance I'll try and name them or rearrange them, but it gives an idea of whats there

I've certainly got my work cut out there.... Blimey. Thanks for going through the trouble of taking those. Much appreciated.

This thread should be so inspirational to others! Not just those with disabilities, but able bodied too. It should inspire us not to park in a disabled bay, to clear a path for a chair, to enquire why disabled access is so poor. For it could be any one of us, at any time. Personally, I'm reasonably fortunate, with a little pre-planning my day CAN go smoothly, but that applies to everyone else anyway. I've just sat and read this thread from beginning to present, I can relate to certain aspects, laugh inside at others. All I can say is to keep focussed on your targets, (I'm sure you are) roll with the punches life throws at you (I'm sure you are) and best wishes for the future.

I thought it was a good article about you, the accident and the Perennial charity in the recent Arb Magazine Sean :thumbup1:

Nice that they've used some of your own images, helps give the piece a sense of you, more than just the written word would have.

Was the article in essential arb? i really need to get a subscription sorted for that... If it is in there is it possible to order back issues? Looks like an interesting read as i have followed sean's thread from the start.

Was the article in essential arb? i really need to get a subscription sorted for that... If it is in there is it possible to order back issues? Looks like an interesting read as i have followed sean's thread from the start.

Arb Association magazine.

If you go this weekend, you'll probably be able to pick one up.

• 2 weeks later...

So whats been happening?Im going to do a piece looking back on the time since my discharge but for now heres just a brief outline.

Well i am back driving now at last which is a good thing as I'm not sure how much longer my Mrs would have put up with me dictating to her from the passenger seat. Im pretty sure she was on the verge of doing something she may or may not have regretted. Bloody weird driving and not being able to use my feet however and a couple of occasions has seen me going to put my foot on the brake as a reaction only to find nothing happening and frantically trying to remember where the new brake is. Driving around Bristol i have had to endure verbal abuse from dawdling old grannies as as i out dawdle them. "You need to learn how to drive mate" and P***K" are just two of the verbals aimed my way. I guess i have finally picked the hand controls up hough as i got a bloody speeding fine the other day! Welcome back Sean.

Anyway this weekend I am going up to the Lake District with a Spinal Injury charity. Im driving up on my own from Bristol like the big boy i am. Whilst up there i will be doing Kayaking, Sailing, Abseiling and various other things. Most people on the course are a few years down the line whereas my injury is relatively new but I just want to get on with stuff so I'm going. Im feeling strong and confident and am keen to test myself but also be around people who can inspire me and show me what is achievable. It will be great to get back in a harness and do some climbing. I have people who want to get me back up a tree in the summer so the abseiling part of the course will stand me in good stead.

Ill let you know how the week goes and I'm sure there will be photos.

Trying to get out and about as much as i can on my off road wheelchair. It really has been a blessing for me. Its a bloody hard work out and gets me places where a normal chair wouldn't get. Always trying to stay positive on what i am able to do rather than what i cannot but i am finding all the styles etc frustrating to say the least.

Anyway here's some photos.:001_smile:

IMG_1397.jpg.90ea6c3eb50656230989cca7be512bdf.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg.7800c4f153695cd162036fa1a9e41858.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg.0e11e3ec81affdc053a380318c9c90b9.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg.84d77e1124e042fe9ed30a5dda8ccfd7.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg.c3a1782eae494bc9d52d76b05ae9d391.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg.3f843cb70093ef9a02bc9c6c00b78c8a.jpg

Nice photos. Have fun at Calvert trust (if that is where you are going) I went about 12 months after my accident and I really enjoyed myself. Lets us know how you get on and I hope we will see some photos from there. I have been looking round my small woodland and wildflower meadow this week. I managed to dig out the ditches last week and now they are full to the top with water. I never take to camera and maybe I must get some more picture even if they are not up to your standard