pro.s and cons still ms260

Dazonit

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really easy saw to work on/fix. Loads of used parts around, loads of aftermarket parts.

Meteor make pistons and cylinders which is always a bonus!

Back handle where the handle meets the horizontal hand-guard/footplate is crackable if you're a cack-handed buffoon, but also easy to fix.

Fixed loads of them and no particular pattern of fault/weakness that I've noticed.

Have a nice one on an 8T sprocket/12" bar at the moment that's fast enough for me.

A lot of mixed views and all taken on board seems like Marmite some love it others hate it the post by adamam easy to repair and get hold of parts sells it to me more than anything .

Re The comments about bar size i have seen them for sale with 18" bars on out of interest how dose this saw perform with this size bar

Cheers :thumbup1:

A lot of mixed views and all taken on board seems like Marmite some love it others hate it the post by adamam easy to repair and get hold of parts sells it to me more than anything .

Re The comments about bar size i have seen them for sale with 18" bars on out of interest how dose this saw perform with this size bar

Cheers :thumbup1:

I had a 260- came to me as ex demo- display. With the decompressor it was a dream to start. Ripped the rear handle off it when the bar got pinched- got a new one easily. Used it to cut 70 year old norway spruce, and ash, beech- and ran an 18" bar. Lovely saw- abdolutely loved it. Now its been nicked, i am looking for another. I also had a 250, 291, 391, 440, 660. I liked the 260 the best for weight, quality and get up n go,