Clients who line up their garden rubbish for your chipper.

Mountain man

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

99.9% of the people I work for are brilliant, if its a bit of brash they want chipped or a bit of log cut to specific size and obviously not to time consuming, why not. This a gesture of good will and will enhance a company's profile meaning you may get more work from them or their friends or family.

As a result of a number of scenarios occurring over the years, when I am quoting I now ask if there is anything else they want doing? Pointing at trees, shrubs or old piles off rubbish, highlighting any possible maintenance requirements or rubbish removal needs.

This often draws out the 'i can do that comment' I then proceed to tell them that if they want to leave it stacked up by location where I'm likely to position chipper, and having told them to place the butt end at same place, that I'll give them a 'price for chipping upon commencement of works. Telling them depends on amount, but sometimes just a tenner and tea will suffice.

I find that as long as customers are pre-conditioned to possible likely events arising on day off work, they're normally quite reasonable.

Additionally, if customer says I have pile rubbish could you just chip it please? I say straight away that I have to be very careful, as a piece of wire, old root or any hidden metal could cause a couple of thousand pounds worth of damage to machine. I will have a look at let know straight away. If I see any foreign objects I charge as I will have to go through with fine tooth comb

Edited by jaime bray

Builders ,developers and some dopy arb outfits are just as bad. Grubbing out mountains of trees,hedges and other green waste into a huge pile with a digger then expecting it to be shifted for peanuts. Stupid questions like cant you just chip it or take it to a field somewhere and burn it :bash: Knobs

Bob