New pickups for 2015/16

Steve Bullman

I have the 2.4 tdci 90 nd remapped it it realy does pull well first gear is realy low so there's no crunching between high nd low to set it off like the td5s.only this is with it been short you Dernt go over 50mph with a full ifor load of wood or chip or you'll end up in a ditch or up side down and it's the most uncomfey thing you will ever ride in

I'd love 1 of them fords off top gear

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new defender engines aren't that bad, but too small IMO, they have a clever electronics that attempt to mimic low down torque which thee do to some extent but there's no getting away from it, more displacement and a longer stroke would be better. Mine tows the tractor nicely but its had an ecu remap, and I don't know how long the engine will last with all the hard work it gets.

I'd like a new defender with a bit more room in the cab and a 3 litre v6.

If you want a reliable engine lengthen the stroke and limit the revs, this is why tractors and lorries only rev to 2000 ish but can do a million miles, and why f1 engines rev to 18000 but only last 1 race. In their effort to make modern diesels more refined they have made them less gutsy and probably shortened their lifespan.

Just proves that if the Landcruiser was less money and RHD we'd all have one...

As the 70 series was never brought into the uk you cant import a new RHD into the uk, the new ones in Oz and places also dont meet euro v, so its a new LHD or a second hand one from Oz or SA

I can get these, but as an example a 2009 double cab with 60,000km would be around £35k.. Still better and last longer than all this other rubbish :lol:

Still toying with chopping the navara in for a 12 month old 110 double cab but I just can't convince my self it's the right thing to do.

Navara has been and still is great but 100k on the clock it won't run for ever.