Bunded Storage

I've got my groundy into college for his NVQ level 2, he's on the same course as woodpicker lad funnily enough :001_smile:

I have just had my H&S visit from the college, haven't done too bad funnily enough to say I didn't know what the visit was and was caught on the hop.

They have made a few notes such as:

I have to keep a record of servicing my machinary which I do already but on a wipeboard.

I have to become Loler compliant :001_smile:

Do a Coshh risk ass

Update my fire extinguishers last checked 1993

Obtain an accident book and a daily/weekly kit check record book?

One of the things I have to do is get a Bunded storage thingy for all my chemicals, ie I have cans of oils, grease, diesel, petrol, weedkiller

I've seen Bunded tanks but not bunded staorage cabinets :confused1:

Does anyone know what they are on about??

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah one of the firms i used to work for had to have a bunded container for fuel and chemicals, He just had a metal container about 2 foot high and 4 foot long that we had to store the combi cans and poisons in. We all got given a key so who ever was first in the yard could open it!

One of the things I have to do is get a Bunded storage thingy for all my chemicals, ie I have cans of oils, grease, diesel, petrol, weedkiller

I've seen Bunded tanks but not bunded staorage cabinets :confused1:

Does anyone know what they are on about??

we just have an old stainless milk tank with two pallets as a raised floor, will hold 110% of the contents easily and can be drained easily through the bottom plug, and its locked in a shed, it meets the requirements of various farm assurance schemes which are pretty tight normally

the only dedicated stores i have seen have been small shipping containers with false floors, roof vents to prevent build up of gases especially if storing fuels in it