Husky xp oil worth the extra ££££ ??

jnoon

Hi, you may find this the case with Stihl warranty but not Husky we had 2 550xpg go pop the same day which were fixed under warranty they commented on our use of non Husky oil but only in passing, it was the first time we'd been running saws on another brand (Oregon) in years and I won't be doin it again!😢

Husky blamed the inferior oil when my 560 seized up. It was Sthil Red sold to me by the dealer for use with the saw when i bought it.

Certainly since its been back the Husky is a lovely saw.

A

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Husky blamed the inferior oil when my 560 seized up. It was Sthil Red sold to me by the dealer for use with the saw when i bought it.

Certainly since its been back the Husky is a lovely saw.

A

Then the dealer is 100% culpable. I as a user know that these new i-phone generation saws can't drink mineral and the dealer does not?!

Then the dealer is 100% culpable. I as a user know that these new i-phone generation saws can't drink mineral and the dealer does not?!

As I've said before, it's stated in every manual. Alkylate fuel as preference, then jaso fd at 50:1, anything less is 33:1 minimum.

How's your sore head anyway?

How would running aspen reflect the cost of repair labour?

And replacement parts?

Currently running at least a jerry can a week through the saws, would be interested to convert that to aspen costs?

Hi,

Dealers and manufactures all say the biggest cause of breakdowns is fuel.

More replacement carburettors have been fitted to small engine machinery in the last few years than ever before.

They have become finer jetted and none adjustable in many cases. Dealers try to clean carbs but often the only option is to replace them.

The fire service are starting to switch to Aspen as their small engine kit has become unreliable because of the fuel.

Diaphragms, fuel pips and primmers will live longer as Aspen won't damage them like unleaded does.

Using Aspen will reduce if not eliminate these breakdowns and so save money.

Many pro users look at Aspen as insurance against fuel problems as any question about quality or mix ratio is down to us.

RRP is show on our website and I am sure your local dealer will do you a deal if you are using a good few litres. The dealer can even arrange for the premixed fuel to be delivered direct to you to save you time.

Talk to guys who do use Aspen everyday and see what they say.

Hi,

Dealers and manufactures all say the biggest cause of breakdowns is fuel.

More replacement carburettors have been fitted to small engine machinery in the last few years than ever before.

They have become finer jetted and none adjustable in many cases. Dealers try to clean carbs but often the only option is to replace them.

The fire service are starting to switch to Aspen as their small engine kit has become unreliable because of the fuel.

Diaphragms, fuel pips and primmers will live longer as Aspen won't damage them like unleaded does.

Using Aspen will reduce if not eliminate these breakdowns and so save money.

Many pro users look at Aspen as insurance against fuel problems as any question about quality or mix ratio is down to us.

RRP is show on our website and I am sure your local dealer will do you a deal if you are using a good few litres. The dealer can even arrange for the premixed fuel to be delivered direct to you to save you time.

Talk to guys who do use Aspen everyday and see what they say.

Between £15 - £18 in local dealers more then double cost of unleaded

Aspen doesn't make sense to me due to the cost, if using saws daily and at an extra £10+ per five litres it quickly adds up to enough to just buy a new saw with the money you save with normal fuel

It's not just machine life,its much nicer to use as the fumes are pretty non existent,I often think human nature is a strange thing, we all want the top quality kit for the cheapest prices then get the cheapest fuel that you have no control over to put in them????? It's expensive but then so is lunch at the ritz, get what you pay for!

As much as I'll never buy aspen because I'm frugal (and have a stash of 2T to work through), I do agree that if it's a specific fuel that can only be used in machinery (equivalent to Red Diesel) then it should be available at a concessionary rate to consumers.

Maybe Mr. Aspen should start a petition we could all sign to that affect?

I'll go with whatever's best if it's cheap enough dudes.