Temporary breakdown cover for a landrover?!

Big T

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well guys I used to have an l200 (which alot of people slate!) and it blew its head gasket and rotted out so I'm getting a landy as it is more practical (repairable if/when it goes wrong, tipper, load capacity, towing capacity, will go off road and will have a decent resale price if and when I sell it!). I understand that it ain't a motorway cruiser and would be more convenient if it was closer but unfortunately I live in Cornwall so have to travel to get it. Not an ideal situation but I need to get back to work so have little choice!

I understand that it ain't a motorway cruiser and would be more convenient if it was closer but unfortunately I live in Cornwall so have to travel to get it. Not an ideal situation but I need to get back to work so have little choice!

It's only 300 miles.. Land Rovers have been a favoured vehicle for expeditions for about 40 years.. You just plod along, if your off the beaten track it's not even much slower then a more modern vehicle. :001_smile: Although breakdown cover might be a wise investment. Check it is valid however as sometimes you have to have had cover for a certain length of time before it works. So you can't use it to pick up a non runner..

It's only 300 miles.. Land Rovers have been a favoured vehicle for expeditions for about 40 years.. You just plod along, if your off the beaten track it's not even much slower then a more modern vehicle. :001_smile: Although breakdown cover might be a wise investment. Check it is valid however as sometimes you have to have had cover for a certain length of time before it works. So you can't use it to pick up a non runner..

Cheers mate, kinda what I was thinking! There's no rush, a steady 50mph equates to 150 miles a day (3 hrs driving) so 2 days should be doable!

AA is one of the few that don't worry about vehicle age.

But why are you buying a truck you are worried about doing 300 miles in one hit ?

I trust the seller completly but having had dealings with landrovers before I understand their little "quirks" of breaking down! Just wanted some peace of mind.

What are you going to do for the other 21 hrs in the day.. Man up and drive home...:001_smile:

Ha ha! Thanks mate, positive attitude!:) It's a 300 mile trip home so I'm gonna make a little trip out of it and stop somewhere halfway home so 150 miles a day will be fine! :)

Edited by Big T