Insomnia....

Simon Rotheram

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes.I have given up on trying to sleep in.I try to get to bed early and read for abit.Cammomile Tea helps,but I find I need to put four teabags in a mug for it to work.

Burrdock Root is also good if you can buy it in the Root form.Grate it like Nutmeg and make tea from it.

Awake most days around 4am, courtesy of the barrage of 3 bird-scarers going off, sounds like I'm on the Somme!! Then last night the neighbours child was screaming with pain (teething), other neighbours Rottweiler barks incessantly. Am I over-sensitive to noise, sleeping too lightly, or is the world out to just wind me up???

Awake most days around 4am, courtesy of the barrage of 3 bird-scarers going off, sounds like I'm on the Somme!! Then last night the neighbours child was screaming with pain (teething), other neighbours Rottweiler barks incessantly. Am I over-sensitive to noise, sleeping too lightly, or is the world out to just wind me up???

Best cure I've found for insomnia, is taking me self off to the Highlands, trecking amidst the lochs & hills, ending the nights in front of a roaring fire, in a haze of well quaffed Deeside Malt, then falling in to a sumptiously soft bed in a shuttered room and forgetting about Arbtalk for a wee while :001_smile:

Only slight niggle, is when the local bee keepers turn up in a Mog at 8am to put out their hives amongst the heather.

DSC04661.jpg.68ce29f8971263d4f125cdd70f062f58.jpg

DSC04960.jpg.0fe00693c649abfe77339d2014d098bf.jpg

You guys need to work harder!!!!

I normally fall asleep in the chair after my tea, if our lass whats me to watch a film with her, she makes me a Strong coffee, still fall asleep unless its an interest film.

I can sleep in the mog at dinner some days.

Only kidding about the working hard bit :001_tongue:

If your mind is running things over, it docent matter how tiered you are you just cannot sleep.

Edited by skyhuck

i cant be bothered getting up most mornings, it is a struggle..this job doesnt excite me anymore, thats why i have to keep getting new bits of kit to make me interested..but at the weekends i cant wait to get up, i am like a little kid..i think its because i am relaxed and looking forward to doing something..saying that i didnt get up till just now.. lol