stove in the conservatory, part2!

dig-dug-dan

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check the combustible clearance from the outside of the flue pipe with the flue manufacturer ( Stovax) or the company you bought it from, if it was Poujoulat ( which it isn't it) it looks a bit close, its one of the things whoever is signing it off will check. You should be able to get a cover plate to fix to the pipe to cover the air gap around the pipe on the inside, it will need to be elliptical as your roof slopes. Just tidies it up. The window frame is maybe a shade close, minimum combustible clearance above the stove from memory is 375 mm as it is from the flue pipe if 125mm, a 150mm flue outlet pipe requires 450mm of clearance as nifty steve advised.

Ecoburn Plus 11 is a good stove, we are installing one next week, did a Plus 9 today.

A

The pipe that comes out is 125mm, and the window is 410mm away, so should be covered??!!

expensive chimney with that scaffolding I don't think the mastic will last long on them tiles before it lets water in how did you seal the Perspex roof round the flue and sleeve

The mastic is more belt and braces, as the lead well covers it. Scaffolding was the only way I could do it safely. It was £800!

they supplied me a collar to go round the chimney with a big plate on that sits on the roof. Its partly under the lead flashing. I then drilled up through the trim piece to make holes, with washers and mastic and then wing nuts. The whole plate is stuck with mastic. The tiny gap where the chimney emerges is then sealed with sealant.

Hi, looks great, I`ve got a similar sized flue through a wooden pitched roof and was fitted as per regs , 50 mm clearance all round. The twin wall as has been said doesn`t usually get overly hot so no worries, but it`s worth considering that when the flue caught fire, the single skin flue pipe off the fire glowed red hot and the outside of the twin wall got extremely hot, shimmering hot, and even although I was on hand to shut the stove down and cool the flue from the outside with a hose the edge of the sterling board in the roof inside the flashing had started to get scorched, all that said, enjoy your stove, cheers.

• 2 months later...

Finally I got round to getting the building inspector round from the council to sign off the stove.

it took him 20seconds. No mention of the external vent, co2 monitor, or distance from the window, all have been said before.

as its in a conservatory, he said none of those rules apply!!

happy days.

Finally I got round to getting the building inspector round from the council to sign off the stove.

it took him 20seconds. No mention of the external vent, co2 monitor, or distance from the window, all have been said before.

as its in a conservatory, he said none of those rules apply!!

happy days.

He is wrong but I am not to surprised. I had a building inspector sign off a capped chimney with a stove supplied by me but installed by the customers builder as safe to use.

A