dogman

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks skyhuk, I thought 9hp sounded a bit small.

Paul, It depends if you do "mates rates" !. what sort are you looking at ?

Rob

Looking at used for about a grand or I buy myself a new birding lens for my camera instead :001_smile:

Just fancy one to add to my wood chipper & man hire set up I have started. So do not want to spend mega bucks, as it just might end up in the garage getting dusty :001_rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies, & showing the photo of yours at work Dan. As has been said, I also won't be doing that many, some for myself & now & again for clients, so don't want(in fact can't)to lay out a huge amount of money for one, so its got to be a pedestrian one for me if I choose to get one.

Rob

Hi Dogman

I have a Rock machinery stumpmaster 2 Briggs and Stratton engine

grinder for sale. I have upgraded to a bigger machine now I am getting more stump grinding work.

Bought it last April for £1800 Looking to get £1000 for it.

Greg

I have a rayco rg20 and as long as the teeth are sharp it's good, but as soon as the teeth are dull, it's bloody hard work!!

This is true but as things get blunt they need more force to drive the cutter in, heavy machines have the grunt and don't bounce off.

I used to see this with the mulchers, approach the job gingerly and you just raise clouds of steam, push into the stump at a rate the cutter wheel can sustain and less heat but more progress.

I actually found with some woods just a couple of sharp cutters would give as much progress as a full new set and at 60 quid each we wore them down to the steel where possible.

I have a bandit HB20, it's the best pedestrian grinder on the market IMO, the turntable makes it very easy to use. I do a lot of stumps and have had 13 - 35 hp grinders in the past and this is the best all rounder.

Hope your right about that as I've just sent deposit for 1 as sick of the fight I have some days with the rg13 but don't need a full on hydraulic machine as can hire in easy anough for large multi stump jobs.

Soon as it's here the rg will be on arbtrader!