Lighting for a building with no power

Ashes_Firewood

The EDC (electricity development co op) in Lowestoft, Suffolk will be able to tell you the cheapest most efficient way you can do it ( not exactly local to you😁). There are loads of different types of led s to chose from so you don't have to have have that awful sterile light and you do want deep cycle gel batteries as they will last, most good uns have 10yr warranty, I have a pair of 180amp ones (that are still goin strong after 14yrs😃)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm guessing one of those turbines would cost a fair bit? Do look quite useful though...

Needn't cost the earth, couple of pre-charged big batteries and all the generator has to do is top up - presume you'd use LEDs strip lights and maybe couple of spots.

They're used a lot on yachts to top up the "domestic" batteries when engine's off and are better bet than solar as wind present majority of time and seagull poo doesn't cut output :001_smile:

get some 12v led flood lights a solar panel and good battery as fitted to a tractor and switch, just had a work out and should be able to run 8 X 10w lights with a good solar panel for 8 hrs each night with solar charging during day.

Looked on the bay should be able to get system up and running for under £250.

if more power needed then just add extra solar panel & extra light

Not quite what you're after but I bought one of these recently and it is pretty impressive!

Workstar Li-ion Portable LED Floodlight With Wide (SMT) Angle Rechargeable | Toolstation

It charges off mains or 12v.

I mounted it on an old halogen site light tripod so it's at a better height.

HI MATE there £65 there at toolstation but my mate got some the same for £36 inc vat :thumbup1:thanks local thanks jon :thumbup: