Another which boots? thread

Snedasawrus

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I went for the haix airpower gold in the end. After wearing them for two days the verdict is good so far. Very sturdy, very comfy and not too bulky- almost the same size as my normal steel toe caps. Which is a welcome change to me, as wearing my oregon class 2 boots for the last few years has left me feeling like I've been training to go into space.

Hate to p@@s on your bonfire mate I've owned air power golds first boots I've bought! They leaked and lasted 5 minutes soles parted from shoe, nothing beats airstreams for comfort & strength

Stein Explorers mate ...easy choice...theyre a brilliant fit and so comfortable.

I had some before and have just got a new pair from Radmore last week...they are now made from a new cut of leather which is apparently more water resistant....and they look great...best looking boots there.

Those Husky Technicals have apparently been selling very well but in my opinion they will give in all the wrong places ...you can see it when you TRY and walk in them..theyre going to end up loose with no support....and I just couldn't face the week of misery you'd have to go through breaking them in ...OUCH !!!

Im telling you now you wont be disappointed with the Explorers...they're spot on.

In my opinion !!

I was set on getting Haix Airpower Gold - until I read a whole load of reviews telling of soles patting from uppers within a year. And lacing points tearing from uppers, faster than you can say, "What nice shiny boots."

Ended up going for some boots not on your list, (Meindl Waldaufer). And am more than happy with my choice. Light, rugged, waterproof and comfy.

• 8 months later...

Just a quick review on the haix airpower golds. Have been wearing them since February and one boot has just about fallen to bits! The sole is coming away from the boot. It's a shame as there were really nice to wear. Will be buying some airstreams next unless haix are kind enough to replace them.

So if your wondering what Haix airpower gold boots are like? Don't....

Just a quick review on the haix airpower golds. Have been wearing them since February and one boot has just about fallen to bits! The sole is coming away from the boot. It's a shame as there were really nice to wear. Will be buying some airstreams next unless haix are kind enough to replace them.

So if your wondering what Haix airpower gold boots are like? Don't....

I had good experience with Haix till I bought airpower gold, they were flimsy and lasted 5 months. Never again