How much should a Foreman earn?

beechwood

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Money seems spot on, eve a little high to be honest considering its PAYE and many many people looking for jobs in this sector don't seem to fully appreciate the differences between S/E and PAYE and are all too easily wowed by the larger gross pay offered on S/E deals. Maybe you could pitch your job to he small sole traders in your area by email or phone ? I bet most of them struggle to make that per year and if half sensible would rip your arm off for a pay increase, steady money and less stress

Money seems spot on, eve a little high to be honest considering its PAYE and many many people looking for jobs in this sector don't seem to fully appreciate the differences between S/E and PAYE and are all too easily wowed by the larger gross pay offered on S/E deals. Maybe you could pitch your job to he small sole traders in your area by email or phone ? I bet most of them struggle to make that per year and if half sensible would rip your arm off for a pay increase, steady money and less stress

Hehe, obviously, I often see jobs, think about applying, but then think "no that pays a bit high, I'll look for something a little lower paid" :biggrin:

Hehe, obviously, I often see jobs, think about applying, but then think "no that pays a bit high, I'll look for something a little lower paid" :biggrin:

I'm an employer so is the OP so I'm talking from our perspective. When you look to employ someone do you aim to pay more than is reasonable or necessary ?

I'm an employer so is the OP so I'm talking from our perspective. When you look to employ someone do you aim to pay more than is reasonable or necessary ?

So am I, but I can still think like an employee.

You need to pay what it takes to get the people you need, if you can't justify that rate you need to rethink your business.

So am I, but I can still think like an employee.

You need to pay what it takes to get the people you need, if you can't justify that rate you need to rethink your business.

Of course, but how many people in this industry are on 36-40k employed? I don't think many are and it seems a bit much to me. 25-30k would be about right in my opinion and sustainable for all parties.

Of course, but how many people in this industry are on 36-40k employed? I don't think many are and it seems a bit much to me. 25-30k would be about right in my opinion and sustainable for all parties.

So why are the positions remaining unfilled??

Money seems spot on, even a little high to be honest considering its PAYE. Maybe you could pitch your job to he small sole traders in your area by email or phone ? I bet most of them struggle to make that per year and if half sensible would rip your arm off for a pay increase, steady money and less stress

I know in the past 10 years running a tree business i have never paid myself 35k..:001_smile: and we are running 8 guys full time at the moment.