Most polite and efficient way to chase late payment.

mowandgo

It has been discussed on here before many times, some one mentioned a statutory demand and I have used this threat successfully a couple of time now.

Prompt Payment Code

https://www.gov.uk/statutory-demands/overview

Does this have as much clout as a solicitors letter? I have a customer who has closed all lines of communication after we completed the work outlined, I spoke to a solicitor this week he says wait until my payment period is up, then write a formal letter if no joy a solicitors letter then small claims court! Who had actually gone down the small claims court route?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would strongly advise you to get the debt recovered professionally , believe me the courts don't take kindly to attempts made by the claimant that are not 100% accurate and professional , if you make a mistake either in correspondence or by pushing the customer who has not paid he may call it harassment to which the judge will take a dim view , get someone like Thomas Higgins to recover your money and what ever compensation/ interest that your entitled to

A friend of mine went through the small claims court in order to recover an outstanding debt from a domestic customer. He made a mistake on the initial application and didn't state he wanted to claim costs as he thought the court letter would do the trick. He was wrong and once the process was in motion he was no longer able to claim costs, instead funding the whole thing himself. He eventually won the case and was awarded his money but the defendant still didn't pay. He took her back to court where a court bailiff was instructed to collect the monies owed. The bailiff called my mate up and apologised for him not getting the money in the first place and assured him he would have the money by the end of the week, which he did. It turned out the defendant was the bailiffs daughter.

• 2 weeks later...

End of year!

Large payments hard to collect!!!

Pop down the local super market!

Buy a dozen cheap bottles of wine!

Give them slow customers a call!

"Hi just calling to let you know we are offering a free bottles of wine for customers who clear there outstanding account/invoices before Christmas "

The limited chance of something free makes people part with money like nothing else...

Like it, or call round with the bottle and claim it's a thankyou for being a good client and ow if you happen to want to give me a cheque while I'm hear to save it getting lost in the Christmas post....... Bonus!

no,no,you dont want a cheque of a late payer cash in the hand or a bacs payment there and then :thumbup:

no,no,you dont want a cheque of a late payer cash in the hand or a bacs payment there and then :thumbup:

True but anything is better than nothing sometimes. Got a big shock yesterday when the council/highway settled there invoices early when I was half expecting them to use Christmas as an excuse to pay end of Jan instead. Happy days!!

Now just a few k of others to chase!