Very large amounts of elm available

Big J

I would hate to go through life with that level of mistrust of people.

I've offered to return your money, I've offered to show you my sales figures, you can see the copies of the veterinary bills for Katie and I didn't ask for your money in the first place.

I've met dozens of Arbtalk members over the years and worked with many of them. I hope you are able to get through whatever issues you are going through that cause you to behave with such unpleasant suspicion.

Jonathan

Just been reading this thread from first to last page and as we all know there is always 2 sides to a story and sometimes 3 or 4 and opinions vary. As self employed we are always under pressure to keep work coming in. It's a shame you two cant come down to the " TUCKERS " on the 13th with a few of us off here,shake hands and have a few beers.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read this thread and feel for all concerned. Maybe we should all agree if something like this happens we should sort it out by pm phone call or face to face meeting. Your welcome to flame if you like but I don't tend to lend or donate to people or causes unless I have met them or researched where the money is going. I never met big J but have messaged about about mills and he seemed a good chap. Hopefully this will work out well for both of you.:001_smile:

I honestly don't know how to respond to that.

You've clearly made your mind up that I invented a sob story about my dog to fleece a few unsuspecting Arbtalkers out of a couple hundred quid. Infact, now you come to mention it, the 3000 plus posts I've accrued here have all been building up to pulling off this scam! :sneaky2:

If you are going to attach strings to donations you make, I'd suggest you don't make donations in future. You strike me as a very bitter individual and I'd ask you, do you have any experience of running your own business? Running a sawmill is a very capital heavy endevour and the day to day costs are also extremely high. I did figure out earlier in the year that I have to make £150-170 a day before I make a penny profit,before I could pay back any finance/save up for new equipment, before I can buy timber or pay wages. That is quite a noose around your neck and a poor month of sales (which happens to us all) can empty any reserve you have.

As I said Paul, send me your bank details and I shall return your donation. I'd strongly suggest you make no further donations to anyone in future as I would not want them to suffer having their business/personal affairs dissected/slandered in the months and years that follow.

Your a fool, he was selling stuff and you donated money. I dont see how he ripped ya off. He has offered to refund the money as your so offended

Sent from my ST23i using Arbtalk mobile app

Good stuff hope they still got that nice red inside

How are u any way mate

Bloody tired! On day 12 of 17 without a day off - just trying to get as much work done before Christmas as I can. We've got family up, and it will be nice to get a bit of time off. Yourself?

I have read the thread, white noise has had his say, Big J has responded.

I think thats enough said in forum, if necessary pm phone numbers and discuss.

Mods IMHO its time this one was locked.

A

They stopped arguing 2 days ago.:sneaky2:

You just put it back to the top, for some reason? :001_rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...

Anyway......!

Back to the original topic, I've still got a bit of OK elm kicking about. Most of the best logs have been cut for air drying, so it's mainly sub 24" diameter stuff I have. This is available until the end of January at £10 a cube, plus VAT. It's all fine enough stuff, ideal for benches, bread boards, slightly rougher furniture. Come February, I'm likely to start to get busy again as the shoots finish and the woodlands open up again.

Jonathan