How much mate?

farmer_ben

So far today had 4 folk wanting to order logs. Every blooming one of then asked if I would knock a tenner off cos it's Christmas and they have presents to buy BLAH blah blah. Explain to them that I have 2 small kids and bills to pay and Christmas to pay for they just laugh and say that I must be coining it in. 3 of the 4 said they would call some other suppliers and get back to me. Have barred their numbers from phone. Can't be bothered with attitude like that

Am I cutting off my nose to spite my face?

Don't let it bother you. Let somebody else have the ball ache. :001_smile:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far today had 4 folk wanting to order logs. Every blooming one of then asked if I would knock a tenner off cos it's Christmas and they have presents to buy BLAH blah blah. Explain to them that I have 2 small kids and bills to pay and Christmas to pay for they just laugh and say that I must be coining it in. 3 of the 4 said they would call some other suppliers and get back to me. Have barred their numbers from phone. Can't be bothered with attitude like that

Dont even worry about them. They are going to be hard work from start to finish, keep the wood for customers you know are going to pay on time with no hassle.

And if anyone else asks for a tenner off say yes and then ask them for a bottle of champagne worth £20 :001_tt2:

Just take a tenners worth of wood off the pile:thumbup::lol:

Your sales technique is up to you, you know what margin you making, the sales person in me is to meet them half way as long as the logs are delivered in 24/48 hours!

There are a lot of chancers out there but saying that, I always ask for cash discount but try to be polite and reasonable about it!

Just take a tenners worth of wood off the pile:thumbup::lol:

Your sales technique is up to you, you know what margin you making, the sales person in me is to meet them half way as long as the logs are delivered in 24/48 hours!

There are a lot of chancers out there but saying that, I always ask for cash discount but try to be polite and reasonable about it!

Don't get me wrong I like to haggle with the best of them! What I do object to is the way they ask to make an order then go through the motions of giving address and so on then try and haggle afterwards. If they mention doing a deal at the start I may throw in some kindling depending on delivery distance and so on. I do do discounts for my regulars at Christmas and they know this so order in plenty time. These people were all new customers to me and 3 decided to go elsewhere for prices. Good luck to them.

Just had the same 5 mins ago....new customer...ooo, really...it is close to Christmas...will have to get back to you...me: no problem at all madam, but we do always sell out and have a Christmas shut down...let me know when your ready and I'll see if I can get to you or have any left...lol

Another time waster!!!!!

Just had the same 5 mins ago....new customer...ooo, really...it is close to Christmas...will have to get back to you...me: no problem at all madam, but we do always sell out and have a Christmas shut down...let me know when your ready and I'll see if I can get to you or have any left...lol

Another time waster!!!!!

Your not alone had

3 this week already,if they phone back will be sold out anyways.unless they want bags of kiln dried :thumbup:

Welly boots will stink and smoke,

Pallet wrap your flu will choke

But tyres treaded or tyres bald

Will keep away the winter's cold.

Burning tapes and DVDs,

Will cause your ecofan to seize.

A gallon of petrol in the grate,

Will put you in a terrible state.

But tyres white or tyres black,

Will warm your aching back.

Plastic bottles, tubs and spoons

Your neighbours will complain of fumes

But tyres old and tyres new

Will finish them off with acrid plumes.

Is there music to go with this or is it just rap?!!!

Gave up on general public after selling our perfectly seasoned ash to a guy who poured water on it because he said it lasted longer.

Is there music to go with this or is it just rap?!!!

Gave up on general public after selling our perfectly seasoned ash to a guy who poured water on it because he said it lasted longer.

Yep we have had them too ringing saying wood will not burn visited property straight away to find logs floating in the pond.:sneaky2:

Can't educate pork