How much mate?

farmer_ben

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I find that after you have explained all about price, type of wood, moisture content they normally say that they can get them cheaper from a man down the road at which point I tell them to go on and get them from him, knowing that it is freshly felled soft wood that wont burn, then they are on the phone again placing an order because there cheap crap wont burn.:thumbup:

Hi I find that after you have explained all about price, type of wood, moisture content they normally say that they can get them cheaper from a man down the road at which point I tell them to go on and get them from him, knowing that it is freshly felled soft wood that wont burn, then they are on the phone again placing an order because there cheap crap wont burn.:thumbup:

Then when they ring back say the price has gone up by a tenner!

Got to add a bit of numpty tax to these sort of people.

I must be in wrong area as they seem to be buying of the expensive guys who spout total rubbish about being seasoned for a year, when they only bought them 4 months ago in length's. Claiming to be hetas assured, all logs are British sourced and a builders bag is 1 cubic meter. I suppose with about 20 years selling logs what do I no. But I do have alot of regular customer's who are very happy with what I sell and I cannot be doing with picky plonkers who know everything about firewood which they learned of the internet

A local firewood supplier has started giving out a leaflet with all his deliveries explaining in idiot terms why logs should not be measured by weight , the importance of m/c, the calorific values of a fixed size load of soft and hard wood and the traps to look out for. Says it has done wonders for repeat business and his customers have started educating their friends which makes life a lot harder for the dodgy suppliers in the area (pier recommendation is the most effective form of recommendation). The leaflet is targeted at people who have purchased ( they all read it) not new customers who think its a sales pitch. A cheap and effective way of driving re[peat business, getting new sales and hurting dodgy suppliers in the area. Hope the idea is of some use to you all.

A local firewood supplier has started giving out a leaflet with all his deliveries explaining in idiot terms why logs should not be measured by weight , the importance of m/c, the calorific values of a fixed size load of soft and hard wood and the traps to look out for. Says it has done wonders for repeat business and his customers have started educating their friends which makes life a lot harder for the dodgy suppliers in the area (pier recommendation is the most effective form of recommendation). The leaflet is targeted at people who have purchased ( they all read it) not new customers who think its a sales pitch. A cheap and effective way of driving re[peat business, getting new sales and hurting dodgy suppliers in the area. Hope the idea is of some use to you all.

:clap::clap: Well done to that man, I am currently making the same kind of thing to tie onto every bag we sell. As someone has said it not our job to educate but if it brings back customers it must be a plus.

are you going to post us a copy of it?