Stolen tools

lyons e

I don't rely on my cameras for the picture quality as they wear hoodies etc but the infra red motion detection is great as it sets of an internal alarm once triggered or emails / txts you if its triggered and sends picture to your phone. Mine triggers off long before you get chance to get to the actual buildings etc.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't rely on my cameras for the picture quality as they wear hoodies etc but the infra red motion detection is great as it sets of an internal alarm once triggered or emails / txts you if its triggered and sends picture to your phone. Mine triggers off long before you get chance to get to the actual buildings etc.

Hi DAN that sounds great but it not all ways to others looking in what you have got mate my EE is a joke if was to wait pics coming to phone they would of been long gone thanks DAN Jon

Hi DAN that sounds great but it not all ways to others looking in what you have got mate my EE is a joke if was to wait pics coming to phone they would of been long gone thanks DAN Jon

Yes Jon you need signal / 3G for pictures to work.

The internal audible alarm works good for me, The setup works for my needs you just need to tailor your setup / site for what works best for you.

Does any body what's the best camera system to get

I'm based quite close to you. We use a company called camera scan and have 7 cameras with them. It's all linked to our phones and whatever else. I can get the number for you if you want.

These crimes are getting all too common these days.

Sure, extra security in the way of strong walls, roofs and doors is good, as are alarms and cameras.

Booby traps, whilst very tempting should be avoided. Just suppose you had a fire and a fireman was injured when entering your property?

The only long term solution is to make it difficult to market the stolen items.

The easiest way to achieve this is to make every machine easily traceable.

Traceability can help in several ways. Imagine police doing a random check on a dodgy van. They find saws in the back but can only suspect they are stolen. The van driver claims they are his and the police can do no more.

Now imagine a time where the police can instantly access a comprehensive data base of equipment and match serial numbers to the rightful owner. They now have sufficient evidence to hold the driver.

Another way the traceability could work, is if all sellers had, by law to advertise their equipment for sale with the serial numbers stated, and the potential buyer had easy and instant access to the same database as used by the police.

This would help to make it very difficult to dispose of stolen kit. OK, there will always be other ways, but if we remove the biggest part we make it more difficult and thefts will drop.

We already have the database right here, on this forum in the form of ArbSafe, all we need to do is register our kit on it now.

When Arbsafe becomes the one and only comprehensive database of serial numbers and owners it will be invaluable to both the public and the police in ensuring that stolen goods are not marketed.

As we have seen on this thread, most of you have a record of your serial numbers, but they are no good to anyone if they are in your office drawer.

Spend a few minutes now and put them on ArbSafe.

Put some ground anchors or something heavy like the leg of a bench that you can chain the saws to by the handle and get some locks on them or if you have lots of saws chain them all together and anchor them to something in the back of the van or to a tree. Drill a couple of holes and put some U bolts in the bodywork or get a welder and knock something up. If you leave them lying round on the floor out of your sight they will inevitably go walkabout.