Suggestions for lanyard setup?

cerneARB

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is your Snap Hook 3Way???? If not its not recomended. Loler inspectors are meant to inspect equipment "In Fear Nor Favour" so make of that as you will.

You lot do & think what you want but forget Insurance companies like to get out of paying if they can find something not right.

You lot do & think what you want but forget Insurance companies like to get out of paying if they can find something not right.

People are continually telling us this!!

Could you please give me just ONE example of an insurance Co that did not pay out because of some one not following HSE "guide lines" or using equipment that is not "recommended".

FTR, I would not have a snap hook given, I think they are horrible things, if you flicked it round the trunk and it hit you it would not be good. They look to me like something a window cleaner or scafolder would use.

Give me a three way crab every time.

Just my opinion :001_smile:

If you have a snap hook on why dont you just cut it off & replace it with a 3way krab?

Because some people are strange and attached to there ungainly snap hooks, and as long as they are still openly sold and used, then so be it.

There is no point getting to pedantic over the fact its not technical a 3 way, the design of a snap hook does make it difficult to open accidentally, unlike a 2 way karabiner where the possibilty of the barrell turning is in my opinion higher hence the reccomendtaion of a 3 way minimum.

Yes technically it shouldn't be used, in my opinion a good loler inspector should deem it fit for use but at least educate the climber that he should move with the times, its a brave new world out there!

Its not an insurance nightmare!! Its just common sense!:sleep1:

Because some people are strange and attached to there ungainly snap hooks, and as long as they are still openly sold and used, then so be it.

There is no point getting to pedantic over the fact its not technical a 3 way, the design of a snap hook does make it difficult to open accidentally, unlike a 2 way karabiner where the possibilty of the barrell turning is in my opinion higher hence the reccomendtaion of a 3 way minimum.

Yes technically it shouldn't be used, in my opinion a good loler inspector should deem it fit for use but at least educate the climber that he should move with the times, its a brave new world out there!

Its not an insurance nightmare!! Its just common sense!:sleep1:

Marc i think if you look back you will see that i did state that i would pass a snap hook but also mark on inspection sheet that its not recomended for use.

I agree Alex, rope grabs are fine for lateral force holding you in place but not good in the vertical.Which is one reason i wanted to change my set-up.

mmm still not sure how that distal works..i need the idiots guide:001_smile:

Your side Ds are not designed to be loaded in the vertical plane.

And on the snap hook debate I would pass them under LOLER if they were working properly. Personally I dont like them.