Trailer loading

Lloyd--

Morning

I know the answer to this question can only ever be a rough estimate however ....

How many bulk bags of seasoned (20% mc soft wood) can you carry on a 6x4 caged trailer that is plated to 750kg

Cheers

Lloyd

Using 1m log bags I just get two onto an 8 foot x 5 foot GD85 twin axle. Trailer is plated at 2700.

I would estimate a cubic meter of 20% soft to weight 250kg, so weight wise you might be ok with two but volume wise you will struggle to get 2 cube onto it.

I do stand to be corrected by someone with a trailer of the same size.

A

You have not mentioned if the 750 kg is payload or Gross trailer weight, as you need a towing test nowadays for trailers over 750 kg gross weight, unless you have grandfather rights, I take it it is gross weight in such case you need to fine your legal payload them as an estimate 1 m cube will weigh from 1/3 - 1/5 ton or 330- 500 kg. pending on type of wood, so I expect you will only get two small bags on or just the one meter bag, and them the sides are lightly to stop two bags from fitting for the total length without any bulging, would be 1.8 m which is about 6 ft, if you filled it with loose logs

with a flat 6 x 4 base for every 1 ft of logs the space would be .89 of a cubic yard or about .65 of a cubic meter, so just over 3 ft high would give you 2 cubic meters or 3 small builders bags that have a volume of .65 cubic meter, that may well put you over weight. I would suggest you get a trailer and licence that will allow you to carry more.

Paul Cumberland

Faversham logs for sale, seasoned and cut from Kent woodland

You have not mentioned if the 750 kg is payload or Gross trailer weight, as you need a towing test nowadays for trailers over 750 kg gross weight, unless you have grandfather rights, I take it it is gross weight in such case you need to fine your legal payload them as an estimate 1 m cube will weigh from 1/3 - 1/5 ton or 330- 500 kg. pending on type of wood, so I expect you will only get two small bags on or just the one meter bag, and them the sides are lightly to stop two bags from fitting for the total length without any bulging, would be 1.8 m which is about 6 ft, if you filled it with loose logs

with a flat 6 x 4 base for every 1 ft of logs the space would be .89 of a cubic yard or about .65 of a cubic meter, so just over 3 ft high would give you 2 cubic meters or 3 small builders bags that have a volume of .65 cubic meter, that may well put you over weight. I would suggest you get a trailer and licence that will allow you to carry more.

Paul Cumberland

Faversham logs for sale, seasoned and cut from Kent woodland

Have you checked your fractions?