Working in the heat

Andy Collins

but surely the risk assessment should not say its too hot today to wear protective trousers at the top of a tree so i will wear jeans

should you not do something else instead

when you do not climb if it,s raining

why not buy some waterproofs:001_smile:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but surely the risk assessment should not say its too hot today to wear protective trousers at the top of a tree so i will wear jeans

should you not do something else instead

Suggest away Bob, thats what we are discussing, I'm open to suggestions.

Problem is this week, we can't re-arrange jobs and have the hottest days off because the high temperatures are all week.

Suggest away Bob, thats what we are discussing, I'm open to suggestions.

Problem is this week, we can't re-arrange jobs and have the hottest days off because the high temperatures are all week.

can not comment on your work as dont know what your doing

we did a few jobs that needed doing then went onto doing epicormics and re tying street tree standards

tomorrow we are having a day doing rescue and trying new bits of kit and bringing on new boys so we wont be in full sun and no need to wear type C trousers

when i came down from trees today i just took 10 mins out sat in shade and put shorts on no problemo

but having said that i do not suffer from your heat stroke so can not comment on your symptoms is it worth seeing a doctor as i have never met anyone that winges as much as you:blushing::001_smile::blushing:

only ever had heat stroke once. Taking tops of spruce all day in a woodland. Got home and could not get off the floor because of cramp. was stuck there till the wife came home. Thought I'd had a heart attack. Water and salt soon cured it.

all round leg protection - not me, can't stand it even in winter

can not comment on your work as dont know what your doing

we did a few jobs that needed doing then went onto doing epicormics and re tying street tree standards

tomorrow we are having a day doing rescue and trying new bits of kit and bringing on new boys so we wont be in full sun and no need to wear type C trousers

when i came down from trees today i just took 10 mins out sat in shade and put shorts on no problemo

but having said that i do not suffer from your heat stroke so can not comment on your symptoms is it worth seeing a doctor as i have never met anyone that winges as much as you

I actually do work for a living Bob, thats why I suffer from it quite a bit, as I'm sure many many on here do. We dont have time to try new bits of kit and play around as the public purse does not pay my wages when I lounge around in the shade. :001_smile:

I work at self employed rate, not an LA rate. :sneaky2::001_smile:

Work your nuts off thro the autumn, winter and spring and you should be able to take it easier in the hot weather. Enjoy life, it will pass you by otherwise. If you are employed then request a more flexible work pattern ie start earlier and knock off early.

When I used to be on the cards when the clocks went forward we would work 6.30/3.30 and when they went back 7.30/4,30.

Got given the week off by the boss..hes on holiday and no work booked in.So no worries about wearing type Cs in this weather. Had heat stroke in the Kuwait desert when in the army, wearing chemical warfare suit and ressie..not nice.Drink tepid water not iced, lots of it, take salt tablets and take a break if you feel dizzy,not with it and slurred speech (no change their for me then:001_smile:), and headache with dry lips and no1 sign..if you have not peed or have stopped sweating...drink!! heat stroke can creep up on you without you realising it.