What about an industry standard?

Daythe trees

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely selling by weight is not very wise, as one could get in to serious trouble with tradings standards,if you say it is a tonne load and a customer then says please can we weigh the load at weighbridge down the road,and the load turns out to be over or under weight.

All commodities even of the same type weigh differently. If you get a 29tonne capacity truck come for a load of grain one does not just fill it level full and then say,to the driver there is 29 tonne!! The driver will be watching his weigher and TELL YOU when there is 29tonne on his truck however full you may think it is.

Build the body on your truck to 1 1.5 or 2 cu metres. Then you can send a level load or heap if you feel generous. When you buy green cord in you know exactly whats on the lorry by converting the space on the truck so what comes in goes out priced right with a profit. Also when your dry logs run out in december you can deliver the green crap for use next year at the same price.

Thanks for the responses and is what I expected, in that any standard of weight and mc would be pretty difficult and expensive for the vendor. I shall adopt the ton bag principle, I like that.

You answered you own question in the opening post mate. A cube is a specific measurement. Just stick with a certain cubic metre measurement. I use multiples on 0.6 cube, which is the dumpie bags I use

You answered you own question in the opening post mate. A cube is a specific measurement. Just stick with a certain cubic metre measurement. I use multiples on 0.6 cube, which is the dumpie bags I use

you do need to put in size of bag though many people talk dumpy but some refer to 0.5 or 0.6 and 0.7

I'm surprised that we don't have an industry standard what with the popularity of stoves these days. Its easy for any delivery vessel to have its volume calculated, wether its a bag or the back of a vehicle. From there a price per cube can be given and everyone can see what they are paying. Selling by the "load" is fine so long as the per cube price is clearly shown...