Over thinking

Lively

Talking of over thinking

we moved our set up a few days ago and could no longer see the bulk bags when full up. We rushed around trying to nail a mirror up gave up and decided we need a camera to go with a spare monitor. When I took a step back and a coffee I realise all we needed to do was shove a pallet under. :biggrin:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like I said it's tends not to be the big hard technical high price jobs that get me but something silly like having to get cars shifted in order to trim a hedge intime to get to a 2nd job that needs finishing before a particular time to get home to be somewhere ells.

Trying to fit too much/many little jobs in is more stressful than a job that iv allowed the time, staff and £ for which seems to play on my subconscious planning brain at night.

The job I loose sleep/worry over is the one with THAT ONE BRANCH/LIMB ETC that goes out into the ABYSS over a shed etc .

Never touch the ale before a job but hammer it at the end and never take a job on that to big .

We all deal with stress in different ways and no harm in a bit of Adrenaline running through the veins has this can keep you on your toes too !

Ste

Edited by IVECOKID

Me too. It's really common apparently.

My Mrs is a Doctor and got me to do a bit of mediation and introduced me to 'Mindfulness'. I was really sceptical when she mentioned it, but she's been right that many times about stuff that I gave it a go. Gotta admit, I felt a bit daft to start with.

The meditation is all about deliberately clearing your mind for a bit. It sort of gives you a break from all the things you've got going on. A rest from all your cares. I was amazed at how much more chilled I'd feel after even five or ten minutes. It's pretty hard to start with but it gets easier if you practice. I've never felt the need to say 'Ommmm!'

The mindfulness thing is like taking a step back from yourself and checking out how you are feeling. It helps you see what's going on in your mind, body and your emotions and gives you the chance to sort of assess how you're doing and let yourself off the hook if necessary.

I'd normally get stressed about something I've got to do, and end up fretting about it usually insead of sleeping, but sometimes when I'm with the family; I'd end up getting a bit snappy if they put some extra demand on me which wasn't good.

When I do the mindfulness thing, in my own case I can usually see my own self doubts creeping in like an old bad habit. It gives me the chance to sort of laugh at them and see them as not really true; like a silly mistake I'm making about the situation - it's usually about something I can easily do and have nailed before.

Once you start doing it, you end up doing it all the time and I've found that it also helps me to appreciate the good times.

Mrs tells me it started off as a Buddhist practice, but it's now something that mental health professionals are recognising as a real thing. It takes a bit of effort and it's definately no magic wand, but it works for me.

Old Mill Tree Care,

All I can say is that yes when you start out it is stressful. I have run a tree surgery business all my life and as the years role by you realise that broadly with trees there is nothing that you cannot sort out or rectify, or anything that is so urgent it cant be dealt with tomorrow (emergencies aside) so don't worry and go with the flow.

Erm, I've been self employed for about 17 years.

My post was a joke, by the way but thanks for the concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app.

As I work for someone most ofvthe time I dont see the jobs first but when I know the tree I worry like mad the night befire. Most of the time once I get my anchor point set im generally alright because I feel like its under control. Obviously if its going really well I try not to get to ahead of myself incase something goes wrong

Sent from my ST23i using Arbtalk mobile app