Help Me Make Up My Mind!

moorhead

[ATTACH]167228[/ATTACH]

Just too help make your mind up , here is my 461 straight out the shop last Xmas (treated myself ) .

What a peach of a saw .

Ste

we really need a "like" button on this site ! nice saw fella:thumbup:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I have a 365 X-torq on a 20" bar & love it, plenty of power for cutting through large oak with relative ease.

However, if you are set on a 441 then look closely at the 461 as it will run a 25" bar well (think Jon has one & very pleased) , Ive used a 460 & by all accounts the 461 is a good improvement, but around £200 more than the 365x-torq.

The 365 is an older model, but proven technology & although I would like, say a 550xp as my smaller saw on a 15" bar Im reluctant to buy into what seems less proven technology although it was earlier models that experienced problems and Im sure some posters with more exposure to it will provide some very positive feedback - the problem with forums is that usually people post when they have a problem...

Being mainly a firewood cutter, I do get a twinge for a 390xp as they sound oh so nice, but a 365 is fairly easy to tweak to near 372 performance and that makes it an exceptional buy in my opinion.

Good luck, whatever you decide & look after it & it should still be going in 11 years time.

N

HI NFG we a run a 461 on a 20"bar good saws my mate JONP has a 461 on a 25" thats good to im told the 461 is a good saw loads better then a 441 but that just me thanks jon

A proper saw I've always been a stihl fan husky have caught up and excelled in certain places apart from the top handle 540 I'd like to meet the man who designed the 540 I'd actually like to meet the people who tested the 540 because I'd shake their hands for developing a powerful top handle then slap them in the face for neglecting the build quality . Anyway anyone fancy a 550xpg and a 540t for a 461??? The 540t isn't that bad I just exaggerated it. I'll give you my dealers name just in case because it's under warrenty they know the saw well :laugh1:

I would skip the 441 and go straight to the 461 unless your on a budget,then Its the husky 365.

Have nothing bad about the 441 to say although it does not have great rep from some users and some say it's bulky but if you like the ergonomics then it could be the saw for you :) I'm using the legendary 460's as go to 70cc saws and I hate them !!! the vibes are terrible ,seriously the worse on any saw I have used which is a shame as its a strong reliable saw and I'm told the 461 compliments its older brothers traits as a top saw and straightens out this weak point so it's worth considering for sure.

I personally would get a 576xp but if the stihls feeling good in your hands it's the choice for you.

HI NFG we a run a 461 on a 20"bar good saws my mate JONP has a 461 on a 25" thats good to im told the 461 is a good saw loads better then a 441 but that just me thanks jon

Hi Jon,

I bet the 461 is a tad sauvage on a twenty, RobD Sugihara bar by any chance:biggrin: ?

N

Hi Jon,

I bet the 461 is a tad sauvage on a twenty, RobD Sugihara bar by any chance:biggrin: ?

N

HI NFG it on a stihl bar 20" it a good saw loads of power:thumbup1: far better then a 441 my 660 on a 25" and 880 ob 3/4ft bar that only comes out to play LARGE BUTTS thanks NFG:thumbup1: jon :thumbup: