Keeping logs dry

medroberts

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the reply, I was thinking the cheap ones wouldn't be up to much.

Any ideas for a cheap storage idea???

its not my idea but I've seen it mentioned on here more than once. you can buy ibcs with broken bottles for very little. you remove the bottle and cut it diagonally to form a sort of triangular roof. fill the ibc crate with your logs and keep them dry with said roof. I'm sure if you ask nicely the inventive fellow who came up with idea will post a pic for you. its delightfully simple and you're recycling at the same time.:thumbup:

its not my idea but I've seen it mentioned on here more than once. you can buy ibcs with broken bottles for very little. you remove the bottle and cut it diagonally to form a sort of triangular roof. fill the ibc crate with your logs and keep them dry with said roof. I'm sure if you ask nicely the inventive fellow who came up with idea will post a pic for you. its delightfully simple and you're recycling at the same time.:thumbup:

Think there might be a pic in 'show us your log piles' thread

mesh bags in a polytunnel work great no mold, with the mesh bottom and open ends plenty air flow, I went with 1 meter extensions so can go 4 bags high in the centre 30ft by 90ft including erection 6k ish with highland but they are just using northern tunnels.

having big issues with keeping my logs dry since the council made me remove my barn!

Come up with this idea as previously had them under a large tarpaulin and they are soaked.

Have to wait and see it it helps the breathe and dry out at all

DSC_0032.jpg.1ee510b04a12b54195941dc792a86caa.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg.c3b4a1f192d68253054b64c9b42c6f9a.jpg

having big issues with keeping my logs dry since the council made me remove my barn!

Come up with this idea as previously had them under a large tarpaulin and they are soaked.

Have to wait and see it it helps the breathe and dry out at all

Sorry to hear about the barn fella . Surely you will struggle to dry them logs out now ?

Sorry to hear about the barn fella . Surely you will struggle to dry them logs out now ?

Bit of wind through them they will be fine.

I've found that logs that get wet and dry out a few times are better to burn.

If you let snow sit on the open face of a log it will ruin it even if you keep it till the next season.