50-60cc Chainsaw Comparison

Frett

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quicker than I thought!

To be fair to the Dolmar, that was it right out of the box, no run in, first tank of fuel. We also haven't removed the spark arrester ( don't know what difference that would make..) I am also used to using the Husky and not the Dolly so I probably didn't get the best out of it, I bogged it slightly once, knowing how to "push" a saw is all about familiarity. They are both running 18".325 7 pin BTW.

We may try a 560 in the same log tomorrow if the opportunity presents itself.

I will say this about the Dolmar: it is a better saw than a 362, I may do the test to prove it too. Its is a nicely made saw that is every bit the equal of the currently available stihl or husky offerings, it looks wide but is actually only slightly wider than the 357. It is also noticeably lighter than the 357....

imag0282.jpg.e97849703cc7bf4973458b3b7982db8c.jpg

I will say this about the Dolmar: it is a better saw than a 362, I may do the test to prove it too. Its is a nicely made saw that is every bit the equal of the currently available stihl or husky offerings, it looks wide but is actually only slightly wider than the 357. It is also noticeably lighter than the 357....

First, the PS 6100 isn't lighter than the 357xp, but a little heavier.

Second, it is about .4 kg heavier than the 560xp + it is wider and taller, more boxlike, and the handling suffer from the inboard clutch design. Power output is lower, and it is of course lacking the AT and Revboost.

I used the test reports from KWF here, not the specs from the brands.

First, the PS 6100 isn't lighter than the 357xp, but a little heavier.

Second, it is about .4 kg heavier than the 560xp + it is wider and taller, more boxlike, and the handling suffer from the inboard clutch design. Power output is lower, and it is of course lacking the AT and Revboost.

I used the test reports from KWF here, not the specs from the brands.

Niko what's your love of outboard clutches? I personally find them a pita! I love the 560, the tech makes it brilliant, the emissions restrict its potential greatly. But I prefer the husky 362 over the 357 due to the clutch, and IMO the 560 would have been better with an inboard!

TCD, the rev boost is simply crank stuffers, that isn't tech to be sneered at, autotune is also a brilliant piece of tech... If the carb isn't zama!

And everything in the 60cc saw category is better than the ms362, even the old 041!