T540xp vibration mounts damaged!

JosephD

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ive lost 3, paid for 2 getting expensive. Shame i love the saw and im not that rough with it they only need one drop to bend them and dont get me started on tech-lite bars..

Mine was bent so was being extra careful and mid cut it went all floppy so stopped immediately. and no spare saw on site so had to pack up tools just for a spring. so whilst in the dealer bought an cs360tes i dont feel it will be £200 less good either.

Like i say real shame love this saw.

ive lost 3, paid for 2 getting expensive. Shame i love the saw and im not that rough with it they only need one drop to bend them and dont get me started on tech-lite bars..

Mine was bent so was being extra careful and mid cut it went all floppy so stopped immediately. and no spare saw on site so had to pack up tools just for a spring. so whilst in the dealer bought an cs360tes i dont feel it will be £200 less good either.

Like i say real shame love this saw.

The bar was the first thing to go on mine . then all the other things .......

I would suggest you claim as warranty from now on, as multiple breakages in the same place shows a fault

Just had another one go, it only lasted a week!! I just have to look at it and it breaks. I'm careful when I use it and clip it close when not in use etc. Asked about a new style spring that husqvarna had on display at the apf but dealer had no knowledge of it. Also definitely not under warranty so had to pay for spring. Think I will retire this saw and keep as a spare and buy an ms201t

Just had another one go, it only lasted a week!! I just have to look at it and it breaks. I'm careful when I use it and clip it close when not in use etc. Asked about a new style spring that husqvarna had on display at the apf but dealer had no knowledge of it. Also definitely not under warranty so had to pay for spring. Think I will retire this saw and keep as a spare and buy an ms201t

The Stronger ( less give ) spring will only make things worse . ...Less give in the spring = more strain on the already ridiculously weak spring mount ( as I have possibly said before ) A total re design on that grey belly pan part is required .

I suggest you email husky then

Any email I have sent in the past has been replied with contact your local dealer... That was when I wanted to know if my 560 was covered for sucking in its crank gasket and never got a straight answer... Although it must of been a recognised fault as the new saws have more bolts and redesigned casing.

It really is frustrating although my dealings with stihl have been about the same or worse but on face of the actual arogance that there product is superior.

On the subject of the 540 mines been fine one new bar and a mate replaced the spring on Friday as he had a spare one... Mines an old saw now over a year so I'm surprised it's lasted this long but I make a point of catching it on the strop and hooking it up on the harness , but at £10 a pop that is a joke!! They should be virtually giving them to 540 owners if it's a recognised fault and been redesigned.