Tesco going down what do you all think thanks

mendiplogs

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shop at Lidl by preference. My only concern with Tesco suffering is the risk to an awful lot of jobs.

Having said that, they are killing off their checkout staff in favour of scan it yourself, or checkout yourself. But from all their figures, the shoppers are going for it. They just don't realise that they are doing people out of a job by doing so.

Did you chat with your checkout lady today?

I shop at Lidl by preference. My only concern with Tesco suffering is the risk to an awful lot of jobs.

Having said that, they are killing off their checkout staff in favour of scan it yourself, or checkout yourself. But from all their figures, the shoppers are going for it. They just don't realise that they are doing people out of a job by doing so.

HI JIM i like talking to the checkout lady:thumbup: mate and i find it faster then DO IT self jobs:lol: as the go wrong for me:lol: thanks jon

I wouldn't be surprised if they have written of some debt now as its a good time to have all the bad news out at once.

So that when next results are out they are on the rise again.

Anyway since when is half a billion profit bad news?

HI RICHARD what comes around goes around they mess farmers around for years :thumbdown: mate :lol:thanks jon :thumbup:

as for losing staff they know exactly what there doing ,cutting cost & pension contributions ,over heads claw some profit bk ffom the kicking they got in asia :thumbdown:

[hi mate not saying that I think they have been good to anyone but themselves over the years! But they are still making vast amounts of money just not as much as before.

However I think it would be nice to go back in time a bit and shop in a village/small high street that has all you need. Butcher, veg shop, bakers etc (stuff from these does taste better) but can't see it happening. Time convenience and price won't allow it (for most people) I don't think which is a shame:thumbdown:

I'm with you on the farmers thing lived on 1 for 20 years growing up.

We had a farm shop that tesco killed about 17-18 years ago.

Just my thoughts mate:thumbup:

QUOTE=mendiplogs;1188617]HI RICHARD what comes around goes around they mess farmers around for years :thumbdown: mate :lol:thanks jon :thumbup:

She (Lady Porter) sold off hundreds of council houses in Westminster where she was the council leader. Private developers moved in and built hundreds of private houses. She did this in order to gain more Tory voters. It took about 15 years of enquiries/court action before she was convicted and she had fled to Israel before the conviction. Don't think she served any time and I think she was fined about £12 million or so. Bit hazy now as it was quite a few years ago and I am recalling from memory.