Lowering Device Project

RC0

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks fantastic mate. whats the 3001 stand for? and i cant quite make out what it says on the end of the other bollard?

Nick has it Steve, the Dual. The 3000 indicates WLL KG, so the 1 & 2 just distiguishes the Single and Dual 'Fixed' LDs. The Hanging Bollards are similarly named RC1000 and RC2000 to complete the range.

The photos actually depict the set-up for TCIA show in the US in a couple of weeks time....and while it all looks a bit mish-mashed with all the other stuff in the background, in reality it'll be ideal for the show.

Perhaps I'll see you and Justin at check-in Steve?

Edit: Mesterh yes the 1 and 2000. Thanks

Edited by RC0

looks a big heavy device that works well though im sure.

it may look big and heavy but in the flesh it is very slick indeed. if you have ever carried a 5 ton tirfor up a hill and across a burn with wire rope and strops and pockets full of shackles, this thing is like a handbag compared to one:thumbup:

they are looking really smart now, nice work reg :thumbup1:

The fact is it’s been a huge Team effort Joe....the most intense part of my work was in the earlier stages, becoming easier as each prototype was gradually improved.

Credit must equally go to the guys at Fletcher Stewart for whole heartedly playing their part and then some.

Furthermore, Paul the engineer who has so far exceeded all expectations of commitment and ingenuity that I thought were realistically achievable….at least based on past experience of operators in that particular trade.