Delivering with a forwarder

Brushcutter

Same here!

Can't imagine you'd have a problem running a bit of timber around with that, but if you want to be totally legit I think you'd have to drain and refill with white.

I'd wing it.

If you put white in then you're open to question about whether you need operator's licence, tacho etc.

If you forward from stump on a harvesting job to place of delivery then it's all likely to come within the forestry exemption but picking up from a yard to a delivery is without doubt haulage.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd wing it.

If you put white in then you're open to question about whether you need operator's licence, tacho etc.

If you forward from stump on a harvesting job to place of delivery then it's all likely to come within the forestry exemption but picking up from a yard to a delivery is without doubt haulage.

The issues are entirely unrelated

The issues are entirely unrelated

Not unrelated in the context of what the op was asking. If the tractor/forwarder is taxed as a tractor it can haul goods using red diesel if it is part of an agricultural,forestry or horticultural operation. If it is not then it can be driven on the road as a tractor using DERV for other purposes, like gritting, snow clearing going to sites or rallies etc.. If it is doing none of these things but is being used for haulage for gain then it has to be compliant for that use.

If you know of any exceptions I'd be pleased to know.

Not unrelated in the context of what the op was asking. If the tractor/forwarder is taxed as a tractor it can haul goods using red diesel if it is part of an agricultural,forestry or horticultural operation. If it is not then it can be driven on the road as a tractor using DERV for other purposes, like gritting, snow clearing going to sites or rallies etc.. If it is doing none of these things but is being used for haulage for gain then it has to be compliant for that use.

If you know of any exceptions I'd be pleased to know.

You said

The people interested in fuel (HMCE) have no jurisdiction over the other issues similarly those with jurisdiction over the other areas have no authority where fuels are concerned.

You said

The people interested in fuel (HMCE) have no jurisdiction over the other issues similarly those with jurisdiction over the other areas have no authority where fuels are concerned.

Yes that's why they buddy up and have joint sting operations. I once got pulled in a van at checkpoint. HMCE dipped tank whilst VOSA check vehicle and coppers there too to enforce.

I'm sure they have each other's numbers handy if not speed dial.