Bam! And then you realise how old you are

wisecobandit

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the seventies, i can remember the bloke from local chippy delivering my mam a weekly bag of spuds. The pop delivery with dandilion and burdock, getting 10p back for returning the bottles, my dad having a series landy, then getting a vauxhall viva in gold, and then getting a brand new lada with a vinyl roof. A butchers shop on the corner with its own abatoir, and watching the local livestock owners taking their pet pigs or whatever and hearing the gunshot. I also remember being scared of the local police who new everyone. What about jack charltons soccer school on sat morning tv. The dukes of hazard with daisy duke. I can also remember my next door neighbour, an old guy who kept chickens on his allotment, every sunday he would go and get one and kill it for his sunday dinner. He would pluck and dress it outside on his doorstep.

in the seventies, i can remember the bloke from local chippy delivering my mam a weekly bag of spuds. The pop delivery with dandilion and burdock, getting 10p back for returning the bottles, my dad having a series landy, then getting a vauxhall viva in gold, and then getting a brand new lada with a vinyl roof. A butchers shop on the corner with its own abatoir, and watching the local livestock owners taking their pet pigs or whatever and hearing the gunshot. I also remember being scared of the local police who new everyone. What about jack charltons soccer school on sat morning tv. The dukes of hazard with daisy duke. I can also remember my next door neighbour, an old guy who kept chickens on his allotment, every sunday he would go and get one and kill it for his sunday dinner. He would pluck and dress it outside on his doorstep.

Just a wee bit off topic

This was our families butchers shop in Watcher, Somerset. Had shop on the street with slaughter house and lairage behind. These cattle were being brought in and were posed for the photo.

1410470856533.jpg.9a0ab23a7b7d3c0812643f066e675f0f.jpg

Sorry about the reflections on the photo, its a shot of the photo hanging on my mums wall

I remember Atlantic 252 on LW radio used to play the best music

That's jogged some good memories mate!

Remember PEZ sweets? Little tablets in a dispenser where you lifted the head up?

Are they still about?

Also lime green towelling socks. What a rebel I was.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Just a wee bit off topic

This was our families butchers shop in Watcher, Somerset. Had shop on the street with slaughter house and lairage behind. These cattle were being brought in and were posed for the photo.

[ATTACH]164857[/ATTACH]

Sorry about the reflections on the photo, its a shot of the photo hanging on my mums wall

HI BOB great old pics there mate from watcher in somerset :thumbup1:thats were i got stop 2 in 20mins 4 weeks ago :lol:thanks jon

HI BOB great old pics there mate from watcher in somerset :thumbup1:thats were i got stop 2 in 20mins 4 weeks ago :lol:thanks jon

Could only happen to you mate 😁😁

That photo means a lot to me, really ought to get it scanned and a copy hung on my wall