Cats v Wildlife

Lucan

"If my cat was killed but a dog I'd be very upset, but I wouldn't blame the dog. I wouldn't blame the dog owners provided they didn't just sit there watching, as I suspect some of you would."

I don't mean sit there watching, I mean a dog that is allowed to run around doing what it wants.

Unfortunate, and very harrowing for the cat owner, but I'll stand by what I said. Animals just do what is in their nature, and can't be blamed for that.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and if it were my cat that you "ended" (funny how people avoid using the term kill) i would happily give you what you deserved.

People rattling on about shooting other people's pets for nothing other than doing what comes naturally to them really irritates me. Majority of the time it's big men spouting bull from behind a keyboard, on the off chance that any one of them follow through with what they're saying, they should expect an equal reaction from a very annoyed cat owner, which they fully deserve.

yes joe newton. Yes.

I see "doing what comes naturally" and "food chain" being banded about but you have to remember MAN introduced the cat in to the british countryside. I have no issue with the sparrowhawk that frequents our garden taking birds, dont like seeing it but THAT is nature.

A few years ago man put Mink in to our waterways and it decimated out indiginous species - Water Vole, Otter etc ..........sounds a bit familiar???

Has anyone mentioned killing cats is ILLEGAL? The law doesn't care how you see them.

Any idea how long you get for a killing a cat?

Does running them over count as man slaughter, dangerous driving or murder?

If I was to club a cat to death with a spade, is that more, or less bad than running it over?

Sorry for all the questions.

If I was to club a cat to death with a spade, is that more, or less bad than running it over?

Whether it's true or not I don't know, but I've heard more than once that if you were to accidentally run over a dog and not report it, you would have committed an offence, but if you were to do the same with a cat, then no offence would be committed.

Are you trying to argue that intentionally killing cats is legal? Or are you just trying to argue for arguments sake? Either way I'll not waste any more of my evening on you.

Whether it's true or not I don't know, but I've heard more than once that if you were to accidentally run over a dog and not report it, you would have committed an offence, but if you were to do the same with a cat, then no offence would be committed.

See you lads later, i,m going for a drive

See you lads later, i,m going for a drive

Good luck...:biggrin:

My take on the subject, cats should wear bells if allowed to roam free, it distresses me to see them killing wild birds, they are not part of the food chain but a born killer let loose on wildlife by irresponsible owners...the times I see clients with bird food tables, encouraging the wildlife into their gardens, who also own cats that hunt.

Or who have to try and prevent neighbor's cats from hunting in their gardens.