Cats v Wildlife

Lucan

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bell on the collar....cheap, simple and effective at alerting birds to their presence.:thumbup1:

In our experience, this has worked well. Our cat hunts, mainly mice which is useful, the odd rabbit which is fine and the occasional more exotic species - I don't recommend trying to evict an uninjured but very angry weasel from your bedroom as a good morning's entertainment. However, she started catching birds so we tried a bell and bird catching has virtually stopped. I think it's because mice are stupid enough not to notice, and they wander by while she sits still, rabbits are caught by speed but she has to climb to get the birds and they hear her coming.

Alec

Is it not called a food chain......? (Even if they don't eat it.)

Yes it is however an overpopulation of one thing is bad for the food chain in this case the cat! I think your comment is a complete disregard for wildlife, if you didn't realise already this planet is a fragile environment and needs more people to care about its existence and not just think that's what cats do it's a food chain!

I had a cat for years, but when it died the garden became overrun with rabbits. There were hundreds of the things eating my lawn and leaving thousands of little round things everywhere.

So we got another cat and the rabbits have disappeared into the cat which is good news, except for the fact that she stores dissected rabbits in the shed where she lives which can be a bit smelly.

On the downside, many of the Robins in the garden have also disappeared into the cat.

She can't quite catch the squirrels but she has proved to be excellent at catching moles, which she never tries to eat.

I have never yet seen a dog get the better of a good cat.

I have never yet seen a dog get the better of a good cat.

You never saw our Fox Terrier then. I caught next doors cat after she threw it in the air. If she had caught it on the way down it would have been an ex-cat. She just used to run in and grab whatever they tried to hit her with then shake it and up in the air it went.

Eye for an eye, shoot the cat.

What a beautiful bird. Shame. If my dog went walking itself about killing things id be in the s*** and it would have to be chained up and muzzled at all times. Its about time cat owners took responsibility for their animals.

WTF!? If you shot my cat I would shoot you. Just sayin

WTF!? If you shot my cat I would shoot you. Just sayin

If anyone looks at any of my cats in the wrong way they get full force hormonal woman in their face :|

Cats eat wildlife, we all eat something. You don't go around shooting humans for enjoying a beef burger...

It's just part of life.