Ford Ranger or Isuzu D-Max for heavy work?

Big J

D-Max or Ranger - for proper work, which would you have?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. D-Max or Ranger - for proper work, which would you have?

• D-Max
    • Ranger

Yeah, trouble is 35k dollars puts it at nearly twice what you'll pay for dmax/ranger etc. Can't really see it being a success particularly if they use words like nostalgic :laugh1:. That instantly puts it in the landrover/series camp. No, it needs to be marketed as the truck for proper work. Still, don't see many mums dropping their kids off to school in one of those and no doubt that is where the high sales are. :001_rolleyes:

I don t reckon these new generation Japanese pickups (excluding land cruiser) are designed with work in mind, other wise they'd all be designed for maximum payload and towing capacity. Instead they are all marketing a one truck fits all- jack of all trades master of none type of thing.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know your feeling well, and so at the start of the year i bought a new ford ranger... I LOVE IT. great work truck, i have the smaller engine model, but its great on fuel, great at towing, and great off road.

I tow a 3.5ton ifor trailer every day filled with either chip, logs or aggregates and the other day drove on the scales at 8.36 tons and she still pulled in high box rear wheel drive so personally i couldnt be happier with the product. hope this helps you.

10475140_682537355168356_1165240030_n.jpg[/img]

Haha yeah nothing's to say I was on the road carrying the weight on the ticket ;). Was in my local quarry site weight bridge when we were filling up with some topsoil hence why I don't mind the ticket on here. Really only tend to go over weight with aggregates . As filling it to the top with chip or logs keeps me in the 3500kg towing weight and road legal :). But its nice to know if I did over fill it, it could pull it :).

Edited by prolinep